• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meps Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmettoguy4519

I just went to Meps and my blood pressure shot up to 146/142/143 over low 80's. My pressure is usually around 125/80 but sometimes it shoots up when someone takes it. They gave me a form to take to my doctor; he will take it three times to see if it goes down.
Is this a major problem?

navsup

BDCP Supply
might just be nerves, When i went my pulse went through the roof. they told me take some deep breaths and calm down for a bit, took it again, and it was fine. I had already driven the 2 hour drive to get there once and had to go back home because paperwork had been messed up. So this was my second time there.

Daedalus

This is actually a documented phenomenon. I'm not in medicine, but apparently there is usually a difference in blood pressure between when a nurse takes the reading or the doc does. BP tends to be higher with the doc because of nerves (in normal tests too not just the ones where your future is on the line)
Two things are done: one is to have a nurse do it(with the doc not in the room), second is to have the doc (or better yet the nurse) do it twice in a row, so that you can calm down.
I see you had it done 3 times so having a nurse at your dr's office do it might be a good idea, also maybe 5 minutes in between readings?

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I had the same thing. Took it, it was too high, guy told me to calm down. Took another persons, then took mine again, and it was fine. I hate MEPS

Status
Not open for further replies.