• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS over 40?

Paul Robichaux

The DD Form 2807-2 says to call the MEPS for "special requirements for over-40 physicals." Any idea what these are? My general intuition is to interact with the MEPS folks as little as possible and to draw their attention to me as little as possible, so I don't want to call them unless I really, really have to.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Sounds like you might just get an extra finger with actual lube and a few more coughs, but you should call them. It's better to get everything knocked out correctly the first time, rather than having to go back because you didn't call.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I believe an EKG is done on the typical (not flight) over 40 military physical.

Marine66

Age: 44, Male, White, Prior Service USMC / USNR. Selected Sept 2010 DIRCOM.
MEPS Experience.... 2nd Oldest, with a whole bunch of spring chickens going through the physical at the same time.
Doctors did the prostate exam and EKG. Nothing else was different except the Doctors seemed to like to talk to the "older" guys.
With respect to disclosure items. Disclosed "slightly elevated" cholesterol and gave a note on prescription paper from my civilian doc stating that I was on a low dose for slightly elevated cholesterol. (No problems with that at MEPS). Disclosed that I had chopped up toes (x2) in a lawn mower accident many years ago while in Marine Corps, Docs looked at it, noted that it didn't affect walking or duck walk and gave thumbs up. (That was a nail biter, thinking they were looking for reasons to say NPQ- but they didn't.).
Summary:
Selection Board: Sept 2010
MEPS: Oct 2010
SECDEF Scroll: Nov 2010
Final Select Letter: 13 Jan 2011
Commission: 25 Jan 2011, Lieutenant USNR

Don't let your age get in the way, but make sure you are able to document any issues you may have. High Blood Pressure can also be a concern and a NPQ matter.

Paul Robichaux

Thanks for the feedback, y'all. I am fortunate to be in excellent health; still have all my parts, and they all work :) I'll let you know once I hear back from the MEPS call.