• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS Depth

MiracleWhip

Hey y'all.

First off, I just wanted to say I did search this topic before posting!

I am scheduled to go to MEPS on Friday. Being the researcher that I am, I've heard 80-90% fail the depth perception test. What were your experiences like? Any helpful tips?

Thanks. I know I am probably just nuking it, but I digress.

Napper

Diggin' the PNW
pilot
Failures are common but not 90%. Just take your time and give your eyes a few seconds to adjust... no need to rush to your first inclination if you aren't 100% sure.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
For the AFVT that they use to test your depth perception, you need at least a "Pass D." I only got a "Pass B" after a few tries. So I told my recruiter it was a fluke and he told me to go to a civilian doctor to get it checked out. I went to either an optometrist or an ophthalmologist, I can never remember which. He did another version of the depth test (the one with the 3D glasses), which I passed with no problem. Then I just asked him to write a letter or a report to that effect, and I gave that to my recruiter, and that was pretty much the end of that.
The civilian doc actually did a full checkup in addition to the DP test, just to make sure it was worth our time. Dilated eyes, VA, all that fun stuff.

STLEngineer

pilot
OP, don't sweat it too much. Unless you know you have a depth perception issue, you should be fine. Medical Disquals out of MEPS for one or two things are not uncommon. As Tycho said, you can get a civilian doc to do the necessary follow up checks. I think I was DQed for a thing or two out of MEPS and turned out OK.