• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwilliamsee

It wouldn't hurt you to do it on your own but there is a small amount of risk so why bother with PRK and the 4,000$ if you do alright in contacts. If you are considering the surgery for the sole purpose of joining then I would talk to a recruter. Things are pretty full right now so it might be a waste of money. There are differences in PRK, LASEK, and LASIK so get on the internet and do a little research.

Ironnads

Just FYI.... The price of PRK and Lasik has come down a lot. I had prk done here in Dallas by one of the best doctors in town for $795/eye. Now there are two high profile doctors here doing it for $495/eye. Of course it can be more expensive the worse your eyes are, but I paid the minimum.

Travis Alexander

jumppilot01

Originally posted by jwilliamsee
Things are pretty full right now so it might be a waste of money. There are differences in PRK, LASEK, and LASIK so get on the internet and do a little research.

Things might be full now, but can only improve. I will talk to the recruiter and see what the deal is.

Thanks

paullatina

Yeah the price here has come down a ton in the past few years. I had mine done by the so called "best Dr in the region" and "many people come from all over to have him to their procedure" and "he's done 34,000 procedures and is the best". I guess I cant be too much of a wise_ss, it only cost me $299 an eye and I'm seeing pretty darn good now!

Status
Not open for further replies.