• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical waiver NROTC

ViperOne

Okay first off please dont say how its a pdq and i will never get a waiver.
I am looking for first person accounts of this. Throughout my entire life i never had a history of asthma. Well in November of 2009 at age 18 I fell ill with pneumonia. When i was released from the hospital my doctor wrote severe asthma on my charts and prescribed me inhalers. Every other doctor i have been to says this is not correct. I mean i was getting over pneumonia of course i was having some troubles. Well he prescribed me an inhaler and all that jazz. My question is, is this really going to keep me out of the NAVY. I have passed both the methacholine challenge and pulmonary function test. I want more than anything to be a naval aviator and it seems unfair because of a BS diagnosis that my dreams may be shattered. Can anyone give me an idea of what to do or is this a lost cause.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Well, since you have passed both the MCT and the PFT, get those records and take them with you to MEPS. It shouldn't be much of a problem. The worst thing that will happen is the MEPS...or, maybe, NAMI...docs will want to re-do the tests.