• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical Waiver Accepted! Now Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfpack

Here's the short story. I was prof. rec. for Supply Corps and then my waiver was rejected and I was medically disqualified. I'm not going to get into details but it did not have anything to do with eye surgery etc. Upon further review, the Dr.'s accepted my waiver ,and 4 - 6 weeks later I medically qualify. My recruiter said that because I was orignially disqualified that my package now has to go back and he isn't sure if I have to go through prof. rec. again or just final select. He said, and of course it makes sense, that I would just go to final select. How does this work and does the fiscal year coming to an end around October affect me? I could see two scenarios. They send me early to squeeze me in before the fisal year end or I go after October some time.

Thanks for any insight into this situation. I would love to hear from any recuiters or former recruiters.

JayManC

it doesnt matter when/if you get picked up, the FY of your commissioning is what they would be conscious about

Wolfpack

I understand. Do you think I start from scratch and have to be pro.recced again or just on to final selection since I was pro.recced about 1.5 - 2 months ago?

Wolfpack

Yes, I have been through the prof. rec./Final Select phase twice now but because I was prof. rec. (the 2nd time for a different community than the first), then medically disqualified, only to have that overturned, do I have to submit my package to be prof. rec. again or because my medical waiver was overturned/approved, do I just go to the final select board?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.