• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical Screening Help

GregG

Hello,
I am relatively new to this forum but not so new in my pilot process. I guess I've been taking it slow, but I took my ASTB close to a year now and I have a board coming up November 1st.

The thing is my medical has been holding me back because I misspoke and said I had asthma when I was young, but apparently I didn't (long story). I've gotten them the documents they asked for but it they don't want them since it doesn't say anything about asthema, you know, the thing I've never had.
My recruiter had me take a spirometry test to prove I dont have it, but they didn't accept it either. Trying to tell them I was wrong also doesn't seem to be an option.

I was wondering if anyone on here may give me some insight on what to do or who to talk to.

Thank you so much to whoever can help

exNavyOffRec

Hello,
I am relatively new to this forum but not so new in my pilot process. I guess I've been taking it slow, but I took my ASTB close to a year now and I have a board coming up November 1st.

The thing is my medical has been holding me back because I misspoke and said I had asthma when I was young, but apparently I didn't (long story). I've gotten them the documents they asked for but it they don't want them since it doesn't say anything about asthema, you know, the thing I've never had.
My recruiter had me take a spirometry test to prove I dont have it, but they didn't accept it either. Trying to tell them I was wrong also doesn't seem to be an option.

I was wondering if anyone on here may give me some insight on what to do or who to talk to.

Thank you so much to whoever can help

I would get your doctor to write a letter saying he has reviewed all of your medical records and there is no mention of asthma in any of your health records or in anything listed in preexisting conditions.

Given how slow things like this can work I would say it is a stretch to make the Nov 1st board.