• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

medical records

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtons2nd

Before I go to MEPS do I need to compile my medical records or does the Navy do this for me through my insurance company? If the insurance company sends the records does anyone know exaclty what is sent? I'm sure that info. pertaining to physicians visits are sent but will the insurance co. also send a history of prescription claims, ect. Thanks guys.

riley

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - but I don't think it is that intense. Bring all the documentation you have - for surgeries, broken bones, etc - that way if you have to list it, you have the info for the physician right there. Other than that, I'm pretty sure they don't pull your information from the insurance company - they may later on (you sign a waiver when you contract saying you give them permission to review your medical information)

newtons2nd

Thanks Riley. I am just stressing a lot on this b/c I want to make sure I haven't missed anything and that my package is complete.

riley

No worries. Another thing I forgot to mention - only give them what they specifically ask for. If they ask if you had any broken bones the last 2 years - and you broke your arm in elementary school - don't volunteer that information. Don't lie, but don't give them any ammunition to use against you.

Good luck - MEPS is always a good time.......

riley

Daedalus - from what I understand, that is the case. Whatever had an insurance claim, or was paid in part through insurance.

Daedalus

v20, do you have any useful information? there's a lot of things the government does not know, and there are a lot of things the government doesn't care about.

version2point0

well for one thing, if youre going to hide info from the government, then expect it to be found. and you are right, there is stuff they dont care about. the one thing they do care about the most is if youve ever seen a psychiatrist/psychologist. if you have, DO NOT LIE ABOUT IT. that will come back to haunt you. other than that, the first hour of MEPS is completely questionaire. during that time, you will be asked to answer questions such as "are you allergic to medications" and "have you ever broken a bone. if so where" be honest on that thing and you will be fine. by the end of meps, you are seen by a doctor privately for an eye and ear inspection and they will go over your questionaire with you if there are any red flags. if you finish the questionaire and there were things on there that you think the military should know, then you mention it to the doc during your private time. however, jsut like riley said: dont volunteer information, only answer what they ask. if the doc says "any other really important injuries you ahvent mentioned here" answer that. if he only says "any other broken bones after your first year of high school" then only answer that.

-v2.0

Daedalus

I remember seeing the questionare on this site but I can no longer find it. does anyone know where it is? Thanks for the info v2.0

riley

From what I remember, they ask about certain types - like for psychological treatment, depression, etc. Things like penicillan and other common prescription drugs aren't a problem.

version2point0

yeah, riley's right. there is a box at the end of the questionaire where it says "have you taken any other types of drugs not covered so far within the last 72 hours" that is where you put "tylenol" or whatever. and you arent supposed to see the questionaire before the exam, so if you did see it, forget about it. what would the navy be if they gave out the answers to the test before the test?

-v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.