• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical Records

Mattio

I was wondering; does the military acquire copies of your actual medical records when you apply for a flight position. I have searched the forum and the internet to no avail on this question, so I am thinking the answer is no. After this one, I'll try to stop asking newbie questions. Please don't flame me :D

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
They'll see them if they need to, but they won't follow you around. The earliest entry in my medical record is from the MEPS station.

Mattio

I meant your medical records from before you did anything with the military.... Like records of having bronchitis when you were 12, etc. I think that when it comes to your medical history, they pretty much take your word for it when you apply. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
They'll research it if they need to. But they took my word for everything pretty much.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is no central medical record for a civilian, so unless they really want to track all that crap down at the 10,000 doctors you may or may not have seen, I think they just take your word for it most of the time.

Yosh

On the topic of medical history, where can I find the Navy's policy on allergies, esp. with respect to aviators? Thanks.