• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical Question - reporting to OCS Mar 13

aukonak

Hi all. Posted this question on the USNavy OCS site but figured I would here as well.

I've been planning a minor surgical procedure for a while- hair restoration. For those who don't know this basically involves removing a strip of follicles from the back and moving it to the front. It leaves a pretty distinguishable scar on the donor site that you see when your hair is real short/shaved. I was thinking of getting it now because I have no idea when I'll get a chance to after I ship to OCS. Unless maybe I'm waiting for API or Primary. I'll need like 3-5 days of downtime though, from what I've heard. After that it'll have 0 effect on my ability to physically perform.

I basically see it as akin to if I lacerated my scalp and needed stitches. Would that possibly DQ me somehow?

If necessary, I will wait because I obviously don't want to jeopardize my chances...but someone who knows something about this would be really, really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
We had a guy in my squadron during my DH tour who did this. He caught more shit than anyone I know. Hours of fun were had by all except him...

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Well, if anyone notices the scars, they will very likely do nothing more than ask you about the procedure...at least from the medical side. The crap giving...better get used to it.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't do it!!!! You will become a massive heat sink.

JO Law of Thermodynamics....