• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical Pre-API question

hourocket

Bullseye
None
Not sure where to ask this but here it goes...

I am currently detached from my last unit but havent checked into API yet, I am in Houston so my medical care isnt with any military doctors or hospital. I just had an MRI done on my knee and I some how bruised my bone...anyways I have to stay off it, like no serious exercise, for 2-3 months. What forms or what not do I need when I report into API to show them what is going on? Do you PT while your in a-pool sitting around? I have a standard form I got from my NROTC unit, and I am getting copies of everything from the doctor, just not sure what I need since this isnt a military hospital and my last unit has no idea. Thanks

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Not 100% sure so don't take it for gospal, however...

Bring copies of all the medical files even remotely related to it, including copies of the MRI (expect the Navy to have another one done through them just to be safe)...the docs in Pcola will let you and your unit know what you can and cannot do as far as PT stuff and they probably won't have you start API till its healed. Give medical a call down at NAS Pcola just to be sure though and to coordinate with them ahead of time...it also wouldn't hurt to give the OIC of the A-pool down there a call to give him/her a heads up and ask whatever questions you may have...

Just MHO

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
hourocket said:
I just had an MRI done on my knee and I some how bruised my bone...

You really have no idea how you did this? I would think it might have hurt at the time.

hourocket

Bullseye
None
i was playing indoor soccer, i tried to stop quickly and the carpet/floor gave and my knee also gave. It kindof twisted and I colapsed. I was very lucky to not tear a tendon or anything else. Never knew I could bruise a bone, but I did, you can really tell on the MRI.