• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical Paperwork at OCS

Noble-6

I know this has been brought up in the past and have heard different things:

On the OCS site, it says to bring all medical records (civilian and military). That would be quite the mound of paperwork. However, in the OCS preparation packet I received from my recruiter, I only saw a paper that said to bring shot records.

In another thread from last year, I saw a recruiter post on here that NRD sends all medical paperwork to OCS and not to bring anything related to that with you when you go.

Can anyone on here clarify exactly what I'm supposed to be bringing with me?

exNavyOffRec

I know this has been brought up in the past and have heard different things:

On the OCS site, it says to bring all medical records (civilian and military). That would be quite the mound of paperwork. However, in the OCS preparation packet I received from my recruiter, I only saw a paper that said to bring shot records.

In another thread from last year, I saw a recruiter post on here that NRD sends all medical paperwork to OCS and not to bring anything related to that with you when you go.

Can anyone on here clarify exactly what I'm supposed to be bringing with me?

They only accept medical records reviewed by MEPS/N3M and those will be sent to OCS from your NRD, if you bring anything else you are asking for problems.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
So they have prior military records up there already? I guess it's probably electronic anyway.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

Is this a recent change? I know when I went through in 2011-12, the staff at the clinic in Newport didn't have a single scrap from my MEPS physical. I'm glad I brought everything, otherwise I would have been screwed.

exNavyOffRec

Is this a recent change? I know when I went through in 2011-12, the staff at the clinic in Newport didn't have a single scrap from my MEPS physical. I'm glad I brought everything, otherwise I would have been screwed.

not recent at all, it has been that way for at least 7 or 8 years, your NRD must have F'd up, it is also part of the checklist of shipping someone to OCS so surprising they missed it.

KingTurtle

On a somewhat related note, I had a question about dental records. The OCS site says to bring all "medical/dental records, military and civilian".

I don't recall them checking my teeth at MEPS, should I still gather all the dental records I can find and bring them with me? Will they even accept the records, if they haven't been through MEPS?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
On a somewhat related note, I had a question about dental records. The OCS site says to bring all "medical/dental records, military and civilian".

I don't recall them checking my teeth at MEPS, should I still gather all the dental records I can find and bring them with me? Will they even accept the records, if they haven't been through MEPS?

Your recruiter/processor will mail off your physical exam to include dental to OCS. You don't need to bring dental records. DO bring your shot record.