• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical Condition "Bible"

Amd866

I was in grad school. Job hunt went badly. I took it hard, didn't show up to class for a month or two.

Took a leave of absence. School let me back as long as I saw a psychiatrist who would vouch I'm not depressed.

I saw a psychiatrist like twice or three times. He never gave me a medication. He said I was perfectly fine although it sounded like i was depressed when I was at school.

Tldr: failed job hunt, didn't show up to class, took leave of absence, psychiatrist said I might have been depressed but was fine when I met him, was never on medication or expressed any suicidal thoughts

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Man, thought I was getting suckered into a picture of someone's testicles and now I'm strangely disappointed I didn't...
Pickle

exNavyOffRec

maybe, the docs will decide, psych docs have a way of writing things that sound normal to most people but not to other psych docs

Renegade One

None
I was in grad school. Job hunt went badly. I took it hard, didn't show up to class for a month or two.

Took a leave of absence. School let me back as long as I saw a psychiatrist who would vouch I'm not depressed.

I saw a psychiatrist like twice or three times. He never gave me a medication. He said I was perfectly fine although it sounded like i was depressed when I was at school.

Tldr: failed job hunt, didn't show up to class, took leave of absence, psychiatrist said I might have been depressed but was fine when I met him, was never on medication or expressed any suicidal thoughts
Happy you never wanted to actually kill yourself. Good for you.

Now…is every left turn in your future "forks in the road in life" going to result in similar tendencies: No show for work, etc.?
There will be MANY "unexpected turns" in any Naval career…but each leads to another fork in the road. Can you drive that far, or are you just going to fold like a wet taco and "not show up" every time you miss the expected turnoff?

THAT makes all the difference. The ability to drive on….

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Happy you never wanted to actually kill yourself. Good for you.

Now…is every left turn in your future "forks in the road in life" going to result in similar tendencies: No show for work, etc.?
There will be MANY "unexpected turns" in any Naval career…but each leads to another fork in the road. Can you drive that far, or are you just going to fold like a wet taco and "not show up" every time you miss the expected turnoff?

THAT makes all the difference. The ability to drive on….
This is R-1's politically correct way of saying you need to harden the fuck up if you want to serve...
Pickle

TnSig

SNA
I was pro-rec Y for SNA last month. However, it recently came to my attention that I may have accidently omitted the fact that I used an inhaler as a child for a brief bout of pneumonia. The problem is that I cannot remember if I used an inhaler (I didn't even remember having pneumonia, as it was over 10 years ago.) My mother can't recall if I used an inhaler either, though she thinks it may have been a possibility. I put NO on my MEPS paperwork to inhaler use and pneumonia. I'm going to call my OR tomorrow to find out what I need to do, but I was wondering if anyone has ever had to make corrections to their medical documentation months later. I certainly don't want the Navy to find out from my childhood doctor that I did, in fact, use an inhaler and be yanked aside at OCS for some kind of accidental honor violation. Am I just being ridiculous or is this a real issue?

Unless you've had at least one asthma attack within the last ten years, I think you're being ridiculous. Congrats on the ProRec-Y though; you give me hope.

exNavyOffRec

I was pro-rec Y for SNA last month. However, it recently came to my attention that I may have accidently omitted the fact that I used an inhaler as a child for a brief bout of pneumonia. The problem is that I cannot remember if I used an inhaler (I didn't even remember having pneumonia, as it was over 10 years ago.) My mother can't recall if I used an inhaler either, though she thinks it may have been a possibility. I put NO on my MEPS paperwork to inhaler use and pneumonia. I'm going to call my OR tomorrow to find out what I need to do, but I was wondering if anyone has ever had to make corrections to their medical documentation months later. I certainly don't want the Navy to find out from my childhood doctor that I did, in fact, use an inhaler and be yanked aside at OCS for some kind of accidental honor violation. Am I just being ridiculous or is this a real issue?

before you call your OR ask yourself this, if you answer yes you will have to come up with medical records, do they exist, probably not, that combined with the "I don't know factor" for both you and your mom leads me to believe you over thinking, don't worry about it.

exNavyOffRec

Unless you've had at least one asthma attack within the last ten years, I think you're being ridiculous.

actually no, I have seen many that were PDQ because of inhaler use not due to asthma both under and over 10 years, I have had guys PDQ that had childhood asthma because the MCT were not favorable enough.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
What likely will happen is that you have to go to your doctor and get a pulmonary function test to prove that you don't currently have asthma. Get the results on paper and send it to your recruiter. On top of it, if you/your mom don't have any records write a handwritten statement saying you have no records regarding previous inhaler use.