• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mecep fy10

D36

Anyone waiting on Mecep selection results out there? They should be coming out anyday now

deloachth

Tank god
Anxiouly awaiting! Plus the board met a little late this year compared to previous years. I hope that doesn't mean we have to wait any longer than usual.

JakeUSC

Almost There

Hey Gents, just wanted to let you know that the message did not come out last year until about 10 December. It's worth the wait though, I was selected in FY09, freshman at USC. Easily the best program in the Marine Corps, good luck to all and make the most of this opportunity.

EEYORE7763

Yeah. I applied this year and the wait is making me so anxious. Plus, if I wasn't selected I need to reenlist. Hey guys what are your stats:

4 1/2 year SGT
293 PFT
286 CFT
82 AFQT w/ 125 GT
36 college hours w/ 3.67 GPA (made the dean's list twice)
LORS: B.GEN, MAJ, CW04
Highly recommended on board and endorsements
332 rifle, 315 pistol
(2) COAs, (2) LOAs, (2) Meritorious Masts and a certificate of Commendation
4.6, 4.6 in service
Accepted into NROTC school in Austin, TX
6/6/6 and an OAR score of 59 on the ASTB
SECRET Clearance
However...
I have a drug waiver from when I was a teenager, and I was not in the top 50% of my High School class. Also, I received a page 11 for a speeding ticket I got (82 in a 55) approximately two years ago. What do you guys think my chances are?

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Good luck guys! I remember vividly what it's like to anxiously await the MECEP message to see if I made the cut. I got it on my second attempt, so if for some reason you weren't picked this year, don't give up.

Semper Fi.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, MECEP is a complete scam. I was in the same shoes a few years back. The message came out in the middle of the night, and everybody at work already knew about it before I got there. The guy at the desk across from mine who had applied 3 times didn't make it...awwwkward.

When I came through MECEP Prep was in San Diego aka Heaven on Earth. Now it's apparently in Quantico aka NOT Heaven on Earth. But at least it's on mainside...so it's gotta beat Barrett or Brown with a stick.

D36

anyone think it's gonna come out this week? this waiting game is killing me.

eeyore- it looks like you have a great apllication, I would be nervous too about the drug waiver (but those LOR's might help). And I think the 36 credits of school already will really help too. I

Pierce53

I applied for MECEP this year too. I didn't have a lot of stats to pad my recommendation, I have only been in for two and a half years, so I don't think I will get it this year. However I think that it was good to apply because it is what I want to do, and it won't hurt to have one application down when I try again later. Results should be out soon though.
Good Luck, Semper FI.

EEYORE7763

Hey, guys. So on Friday of last week I called MCRC, about the status of the MECEP MARADMIN. They told me that the MARAMIN message had been approved; however, they were only able to tell me if I was selected if my Commander called, and if the unit I was attached to was scheduled to deploy within ten days. I explained to them boatspaces in my MOS were limited and that I didn't know if I would be able to wait. It worked, but I found out that I was NOT SELECTED. Just letting you all know, depending on your situation you may be able to call up there. This isn't the end for me. I plan to Submit ECP packages like its cool two years from the end of my first enlistment. I wish you guys the best, and don't give up. I think for some of us, they want to see how bad we want this. Never give up. Semper FI.

AmbassadorNblu

Good Luck to all the Marines that submitted a package this year. I had planned on submitting but was between posts (Zagreb, Croatia to Canberra, Australia) and let the time get away from me.

I have a few question that I hope you guys can lead a hand with.

Did you have to email your PRECOM physical to the board or was it just submitted with the package? I saw today at https://www.marines.usmc.mil/G3/Officer/mecepapp.htm that you needed to scan and email it, but I haven’t seen it in any other place.

Also the MCO 1560.15L (MECEP) is from 1994 and I wanted to see what needs to be followed and what’s new. Like the address for the MCRC for example. On enclosure 5 of the MCO it lists the address as:
MCRC, Headquarters , US Marine Corps. 2 Navy Annex, Washington, DC 20380-1775

While the application example lists it as:
MCRC, (ON/E), 3280 Russell road, Quantico, VA 22134-5103

Which one do I send the package/college transcripts into?

I’m sure Ill have more questions and I will try to answer them with research. I know how annoying it can be, when stupid questions start to fly but I hate to miss out.

deloachth

Tank god
Just found out that I was selected for MECEP. I'm pretty excited about it. University of Florida and possibly University of South Florida are on the top of my list. Is there anyone out there that's currently enrolled at these places? I'd be interested in any info you could give me. I plan on calling the MOI at these places soon. Any word from alumi would be good too.

Clux4

Banned
Just found out that I was selected for MECEP. I'm pretty excited about it. University of Florida and possibly University of South Florida are on the top of my list. Is there anyone out there that's currently enrolled at these places? I'd be interested in any info you could give me. I plan on calling the MOI at these places soon. Any word from alumi would be good too.

Congrats.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
just found out that i was selected for mecep. I'm pretty excited about it. University of florida and possibly university of south florida are on the top of my list. Is there anyone out there that's currently enrolled at these places? I'd be interested in any info you could give me. I plan on calling the moi at these places soon. Any word from alumi would be good too.

congrats!

deloachth

Tank god
This Post 9-11 GI Bill is crazy; it pays for all tuition and fees while on active duty? I can now afford a BS from Embry Riddle in aeronautical science.

Keith Thomas

Could Use Some Help With MECEP Package

Hey how's it going gents? I am in the process of putting a MECEP package together and I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has been accepted that wouldn't mind sending me a copy of their package and answering a few questions I had. I have the example package from the MCRC website, but I'd like to see a real person's package.

I had a question about the essay. The example package on the MCRC website says the essay needs to be 100 words, but considering all of the content they want covered in it, that doesn't seem possible. 100 words is like two paragraphs.

My other question is in regard to the amount of time on contract an applicant needs to have left. I can't tell if the MarAdmin is stating that an applicant must have at least one year, or if there is an exception to needing one year. If at least one year is needed and I will not have a year left, may I do a waiver for that?