• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MECEP: Aviation Guarantee prior to TBS

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I don't have enough of an inside track to actually do it. It just seems like a curious decision to me. The wording of the Maradmin points to something other than selectivity on this point.

Clux4

Banned
I am at a crossroads right now. I am a Sergeant in the Marine Corps on active duty and I want to become a Marine Aviator. What would be the best path for this? I am 22 years old, have a year left on my contract, and I meet all the new requirements for MECEP. I also have already had a full flight physical done and meet the requirements for the aviation aspect. If I tried for MECEP for FY2011 I would have to reenlist or extend. It sounds like I could get an air contract prior to graduating college and the active duty part while in college would be nice. I will have an Associates Degree by January 2011. I guess my other option is to get out and go straight to college and maybe look into PLC or OCC, but I am not sure about all that. Would my prior service play a role in this option? I know the road is long and tough, but I welcome the challenge. I just do not want to put all the work in and not make it because of some reason I can't control. Thank you for all your input!

For your sake, I hope there are boat spaces next FY.