• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MECEP Applicant

Skydive4life85

How is everyone doing.
I am just wondering if I can get an honest oppinion from some people. I will be applying to MECEP this year and wondering what my chances would be:

PFT: 275
CFT:270
MCMAP: Green
MCI's: 51
College Completed: 8 Classes (24 credits) 3.1 GPA
SAT: 1609
GT: 115
Letters of Rec: Maj, Maj, 2 Star General,
Swim Qual-2
Sgt's Course completed
Awards: NAM, Good Conduct w/Star, Iraqi Campaign, GWOT Ex, GWOT Service, NUC, MUC, Nat Def, 2 Cer Coms, 7 LoAs
I had no waivers coming in, I have 3 tattoo's, no page 11's, 6 Month Iraq Deployment, 4 Month Kuwait Deployment, currently work as the Admin Chief for an Assistance Chief of Staff and have over 60 hours of volunteer work . If anyone could be of assistance it would be great appreciated.

Crowbar

None
The number of applicants and slots changes year to year. While nobody can tell you beforehand what your chances are, here are some stats for the last few years to keep you busy:

FY10
Total applications: 420
Total eligible: 345
Number selected: 100
Number of alternates: 0
% Selected: 29

FY09:
Total applications: 331
Total eligible: 299
Number selected: 150
Number of alternates: 0
% Selected: 50

FY08:
Total applications: 254
Total eligible: 246
Number selected: 160
Number of alternates: 10
% Selected: 65

FY07:
Total applications: 248
Total eligible: 239
Number selected: 120
Number of alternates: 4
% Selected: 50.2

FY06:
Total applications: 231
Total eligible: 223
Number selected: 125
Number of alternates: 10
% Selected: 56

KBayDog

29%-65% is quite a spread between years.

What can you glean from that, Skydive? Apply. If you don't apply, you're guaranteed a 0% chance of selection.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
You have a reasonably good shot at it as long as you're not fat, don't have any NJPs, no bad fitreps, and don't write a shit essay. What was your SAT score for the reading and math?

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Echo what KBayDog said, APPLY, if you don't get it the first time, apply the following year. I was accepted on my second attempt, if I can do it, anyone can (ok not anyone, but anyone who's not a bag of $hit can!)

Good luck!

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
It's been a while

I fought the urge on this one, since I'm not a MECEPer, but I did have the opportunity to screen about 100 of the FY10 packages while working at MCRC this past summer. I do have a minute bit of gouge on this one. All MECEP packages actually cross the desk of one civilian whom prepares/screens them (or passes them to a Lt) for review by the selection board. Each board Pres establishes the recommended criteria(no brainer) but they usually use a point system and a worksheet on the cover of each folder. Before it gets there, it has to meet some wickets. The obvious ones are on the MARADMIN regarding scores, content, recommendations, etc.
Here are a few things that got apps tossed out:
-NJP's --can get a CG MCRC waiver, but need a written statement.
-Tattoo's --big hit. Must be within officer standards and need pt gear photos of four sides, tattoo itself next to a palm, statement of meaning for ALL tats.
-Enlisted waivers --if you got a waiver to enlist, you need to resub for a CG MCRC waiver for selection with a written statement.
-Command/CG level endorsement --Your regt. CO might want you to make it, but your CG needs to sign the endorsement, even if they're the same rank(TCOM).

Your info above looks about on par with a few guys that were selected for FY10...but next year is a different year. A PFT above 280 would be solid, but I saw some 275's get selected. If you have any more questions, message/e-mail me since I have a few more bits of gouge, just not wise to post here.

Hope that helps and I didn't step on any toes.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
^^ That's some great gouge. When I was applying (FY2004), I happened to come across a captain who had sat in on the MECEP board. The advice he gave was golden, these are the best sources to rely on, if you can find em! Good stuff FENIAN! +1