• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meal Regimen at OCS

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
If there's one thing you don't want to be at OCS, it's a heat casualty. They will have no sympathy for you at all. In fact, they will mock you for getting a thermometer shoved up your ass while it's happening.

This is what your staff will say...

"Look at that fag, he started pulling his pants down before the Corpsman even got over there!"

"Yeah he did. Did you see the big smile on his face? I think he likes it."
"Do the rest of you see what happens when you don't freakin hydrate?!"
Ah, the good ol Silver Bullet. That was more than enough motivation for me to hydrate well beyond what was required.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Prior service doesn't matter you are all candidates when you are there.

Concur, as prior service, all's you get is more expected of you, (understandably so) not the ability to use any of the facilities on base.
NOTHING!!

livefast

food is NOT allowed in the squad bays..so dont try and bring snacks or protein bars.

A candidate from my platoon was kicked out for eating in the squad bay. Seems like a dumb reason to flush all that hard work down the drain. Seriously, these threads about "what should I do while I'm at OCS?" have got to stop. Ask about what to do BEFORE you get to OCS. Once you get there, the training will take over, and I say with no sense of exaggeration that maximum security inmates have more freedoms than you will have the first 3 weeks. The best attitude to have when you get there is "I'm here for 10 weeks, and I don't care what happens. I will graduate no matter what."

AU_Aviator

A candidate from my platoon was kicked out for eating in the squad bay. Seems like a dumb reason to flush all that hard work down the drain. Seriously, these threads about "what should I do while I'm at OCS?" have got to stop. Ask about what to do BEFORE you get to OCS. Once you get there, the training will take over, and I say with no sense of exaggeration that maximum security inmates have more freedoms than you will have the first 3 weeks. The best attitude to have when you get there is "I'm here for 10 weeks, and I don't care what happens. I will graduate no matter what."

So, what would be your reccomendation of things to do before OCS? I understand that working out as often as you can to ge in the best possible shape is key, but what specific things should be done?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If you've seen full metal jacket, it's kind of like that. DON'T be like Vincent D'onofrio. DO NOT have geedunk/chow in the squad bay! (I wasn't at MARINE OCS, but some things are common and piss the gunnies off in both places).

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You're kidding, right?

Pretty much, ya. When we got caught with geedunk, we ALL got slayed. No fatboy got to eat his donut. :)

There have been candidates (one specific example we were told about by the staff) who have attrited for getting caught with geedunk. My guess is that at Marine OCS, it is also an integrity violation, and god HELP you if you lie and say no if they do ask.

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
My guess is that at Marine OCS, it is also an integrity violation, and god HELP you if you lie and say no if they do ask.

First part depends on how it got in the squad bay. If you took it in from chow, then yes it is a violation. However, if it's mailed to you (cookies, power bars, etc), then you, the entire platoon, or even the Sergeant Instructors - depending on how they feel - get to eat it all before ODT the next morning.

EDIT: Excuse me, not you or the platoon, the "fairies" eat the chow.

Second part is dead on, if you lie about having chow and they catch you, it is an integrity violation, and you will be sent home. No questions asked.