• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MCAS Cherry Point Air Show

MKopack

I had the opportunity to spend the day (and evening) at the MCAS Charry Point Air Show in Havelock, NC last Friday. Great time, despite the 'challenging' weather conditions. I'll get more pics up later in the day if anyone is interested.

By the time I stopped playing with the sharpness and the contrast there is probably not all that much 'photography' left and it's more 'artwork' (of course I don't think anyone would ever mistake me for an 'artist'...) but I like the effect.

Mike Kopack

Here's a Prowler in the Dark.

ea.jpg
http://www.lucky-devils.net/g9/ea.jpg

MKopack

Here's a second set from the Friday night show. My camera just doesn't have the lens horsepower to shoot aircraft in the sky, but seems to work pretty well on a tripod in the dark.

Mike

5396a.jpg

5397a.jpg

5399a.jpg

5406a.jpg

5412a.jpg

5413a.jpg

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
We just got a/c 20 back from the paint shop about 3 weeks ago. That's the paint scheme we're going toward, should have the rest of the squadron jets painted up in the same scheme by this fall.

Yeah, weather was terrible! Many of the events cancelled, never did see the Snowbirds fly (other than a couple of 360's on Friday evening).

Btw, anyone see Art Knalls fly Saturday or Sunday? I heard he was there, ran into and talked shop with one of the guys working on his jet, but never did see him fly.

MKopack

We just got a/c 20 back from the paint shop about 3 weeks ago. That's the paint scheme we're going toward, should have the rest of the squadron jets painted up in the same scheme by this fall.

Yeah, weather was terrible! Many of the events cancelled, never did see the Snowbirds fly (other than a couple of 360's on Friday evening).

Btw, anyone see Art Knalls fly Saturday or Sunday? I heard he was there, ran into and talked shop with one of the guys working on his jet, but never did see him fly.

Thanks everyone, but to tell you the honest truth, the camera is a better photographer than I am. All I do is press the button...

I like the new Harrier paint and a/c 20 looks great. Wish I could have gotten some shots of it without all of the "background clutter", but that's airshows...

I missed seeing Art fly because of the weather on Friday. The SHAR is a nice looking ship, although it's been a LONG time since I've seen a Harrier with the gear out on the wingtips (back in the A days). I've seen him fly his L-39 demo quite a few times (the back with red trim bird on static was his) and he does a great job with it - probably one of the 'smoothest' demo's I've seen.

Mike

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Nice photo & art work. Poor Marines, they're stuck w/ the legacy Hornet and won't get the EA-18G either. They'll probably run out of tacair $$ around the 100th F-35B, which will then take about 10 yrs for them to strike most of those. They completely missed the A-7 & Super Hornet - the 2 best single-seat attack jets the Navy has ever bought.

Malice 1

pilot

The privatley owned sea harrier was knucking futs. He raged alot more than the -542 demo. Of course, he had less rules to worry about. At the end of his demo, he decel'd to a hover over the runway, stayed there for a minute, then threw the nozzles to full breaking stop and did a massive bow. He was like 30* nose down.

I was pretty impressed. I tried to do that once in the sim, and I wrecked.