• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

Signup15

IF you already have an active Top Secret clearance, will that boost your chances of getting a final select letter a lot faster?

mz247

IF you already have an active Top Secret clearance, will that boost your chances of getting a final select letter a lot faster?
From my knowledge FINSEL isn't based off clearance, some people got their FINSEL before their security clearance interviews...while people like me, got my clearance before my board even convened and still no FINSEL

Hi everyone, long time lurker here, first time posting. Before I start, let me just thank the Air warriors and the website for all your resources and help for the process of becoming a Naval Officer, taking the test, and whatnot. I completed my package for submission in early May, and believe that it's been picked up for this upcoming board. I'm curious to as how good my chances of being picked up are. My primary two ratings are Pilot/SWO, with an ASTB of 7/7/7/59, with a GPA of 3.71 in Education with a few other early childhood certifications. Non-prior service. MEPS has been cleared and all my LOR are in. I also have flight training in progress, and am almost to my first solo flight. Thoughts? Thanks for your help, and feel free to ask any questions. IS there anything I should ask my OR too?

mz247

Hi everyone, long time lurker here, first time posting. Before I start, let me just thank the Air warriors and the website for all your resources and help for the process of becoming a Naval Officer, taking the test, and whatnot. I completed my package for submission in early May, and believe that it's been picked up for this upcoming board. I'm curious to as how good my chances of being picked up are. My primary two ratings are Pilot/SWO, with an ASTB of 7/7/7/59, with a GPA of 3.71 in Education with a few other early childhood certifications. Non-prior service. MEPS has been cleared and all my LOR are in. I also have flight training in progress, and am almost to my first solo flight. Thoughts? Thanks for your help, and feel free to ask any questions. IS there anything I should ask my OR too?
A quick and lazy answer is...every board is different, each board will range in selection ratings...

My honest advice though, I wouldn't fret, your scores look great and if the next board is anything like the last one
You'd get in.

Signup15

From my knowledge FINSEL isn't based off clearance, some people got their FINSEL before their security clearance interviews...while people like me, got my clearance before my board even convened and still no FINSEL
Thank you for saying that. A lot of people keep telling me that only once you are selected, that's when the security investigation commences. Mine too was completed before the board convened.

mz247

I was wondering if anyone knew how many people are selected for each OCS date, and how early or late can a recruiter give you a heads up before your date?

I was given a soft date of July 26th by my recruiter, about a month ago, and haven't heard anything from her since.

Signup15

Was your passport expired when you were denied a clearance? I had a passport from an EU country but it expired back in 2014. I haven't renounced my citizenship yet, I too was told by my recruiter to wait until I am accepted. I hope I don't get denied a SC :S
My passport was not expired. If yours is, then it should not be a problem.

EMTpilot

I have yet to hear anything about my background check and I have a July 26 OCS date.

Same boat. I'm shipping out for the July 26th class and haven't heard anything about my clearance yet. My OR says they probably haven't even started. He says to expect the hear from them during OCS or even down in PCola. Woohoo age critical.