• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

MemphisBell

pilot
Dude if you passed the FALANT, you should be good to go for sna. Sounds like your recruiter is lying to you!

haimehhh

He's a really solid guy honestly so my guess is that he misinterpreted it or miscommunicated to me and i'm NPQ'd for some other medical reason. good luck to all though! got my finger's crossed. worst comes to worst I am NPQ'd or i make it to the next board.

mz247

Have any prior military heard back on this board yet? It appears last board priors were getting their information within 2/3 days.

CuBs2105

Have any prior military heard back on this board yet? It appears last board priors were getting their information within 2/3 days.
Been checking every day since Thursday. As soon as I get something I'll post it. I'm a little more anxious than most since if I don't get selected I'm reporting to Japan by 15 June.

kawo11

Pro Rec Y SNA/NFO
You also have 48 mos for NFO. If you feel in the dark take the reins. You want to be an officer right? are you active Navy or what?
Very true. It's a matter of getting my recruiter to work with me without pissing him off. I have the sneaking suspicion that he's got this and isn't too worried or he wouldn't even be bothering with my pilot application. I did six years active duty in the Air Force.

Garrett S.

He's a really solid guy honestly so my guess is that he misinterpreted it or miscommunicated to me and i'm NPQ'd for some other medical reason. good luck to all though! got my finger's crossed. worst comes to worst I am NPQ'd or i make it to the next board.
so after a bunch of conversations, i learned that there's no way i can be NPQ'd for SNA but PQ'd for SWO based on color-vision. so, i wrote to my OR to request a copy of the reason for my SNA/NFO NPQ.

he previously explicitly told me that i was NPQ'd due to color-vision, so i am very anxious to hear back.
i really hope that he was mistaken about the NPQ (but i have heard the language is hard to misinterpret), and that my package went to this board and was reviewed. i'm not holding my breath. otherwise, i must be NPQ'd from SNA for some other reason

I think it depends on who NPQ'd you. NAMI/NOMI could say no for the aviation requirements but I don't believe that applies to other fields. They have guidelines they follow too. I was NPQ'd once upon a time for osteo-something-or-other and googeled the aeromedical criteria instruction. Just have to search around a bit. That being said, NAMI seems to operate in a vacuum. And the farther you are in the chain from getting your wings the less mind they will give you.

haimehhh

yea i scanned my folder pretty hard at MEPS. hopefully i'll get to see or get some clarity on my N3M tomorrow when i get in touch with my OR. but there's no outstanding medical issues that I am aware of, so whatever it is will be news to me! i've been through the NAVMED (navy aeromedical and waiver reference guide) multiple times, as well haha. fingers crossed that i know more tomorrow. thanks for the info, though

Garrett S.

yea i scanned my folder pretty hard at MEPS. hopefully i'll get to see or get some clarity on my N3M tomorrow when i get in touch with my OR. but there's no outstanding medical issues that I am aware of, so whatever it is will be news to me! i've been through the NAVMED (navy aeromedical and waiver reference guide) multiple times, as well haha. fingers crossed that i know more tomorrow. thanks for the info, though

I had an civilian doc sign off on my knee. Out of pocket but worth it in the long run because it got me into the program. MEPS is unfortunately very faliable. They call people colorblind and fail depth perception tests on folks that I know for sure were within standard (they are flying for the Navy now). Once you know, if you feel it was incorrect, you may still have options. Although it will be a "waiver" forever and ever more.

haimehhh

Yea i did the waiver for an ACL reconstruction and a consecutive surgery on the same knee. i'd rather have a waiver and a chance than have my options relegated