• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

sharkbait1

pilot
Any word on when the next board is coming up? I am in a similar situation.
It seems like we're finding out about the next board 2 days ahead of time now. Considering that there was barely 2 months since the last one, wouldn't be surprised if we see late May or early June.

MemphisBell

pilot
Week of March 23. I spoke to my OP at the beginning of this week and my status was at NRC. It wasn't "pro board", but oh well. I'm glad my packet is finally in.

Following up on RUFiO's last comment, my packet got held up by MEPS for 6 months (ridiculous situation) starting last September, so that kept me out of both October and February. I was hoping my paperwork would be in order for this board but it seems like it just came too close to the wire. I've been lucky with my ORs who have generally been on top of their end. So now I just have to be patient...again. The only tough part is I'll be 26 next month, so I don't have time for more delays before OCS...

My packet was also turned in on that week to but it was at the status of "at PM" about a week later. Then I received a text from my recruiter on Monday saying that the program manager approved me for pilot and nfo and forwarded to board. So I assume my status is " at Pro Board" but im really not sure. It might have helped me that I live about 20 minutes away for NRC not real sure though.

mb1685

Week of March 23. I spoke to my OP at the beginning of this week and my status was at NRC. It wasn't "pro board", but oh well. I'm glad my packet is finally in.

Following up on RUFiO's last comment, my packet got held up by MEPS for 6 months (ridiculous situation) starting last September, so that kept me out of both October and February. I was hoping my paperwork would be in order for this board but it seems like it just came too close to the wire. I've been lucky with my ORs who have generally been on top of their end. So now I just have to be patient...again. The only tough part is I'll be 26 next month, so I don't have time for more delays before OCS...

What was the MEPS situation that held things up, if you don't mind me asking?

sharkbait1

pilot
What was the MEPS situation that held things up, if you don't mind me asking?
I had a surgery on my arm about 15 years ago from running through a window (that's another story). Have a pretty visible scar from it and it raised the CMO's eyebrows a bit. Nothing broke, no nerve damage or lasting issues. Went through a few drills with him and the verdict was "you're fine, just need the hospital paperwork."

Well the hospital didn't have the records (15 years later, surprise). So 2 letters from the hospital, and finally a letter from the surgeon who did the surgery, got it through. I really had an awesome OR who pushed it through...without him Im sure it wouldn't have happened.

mz247

Hey man, keep your head up,

It's a difficult process no doubt. Frustrating, long, and easy to get diminishing hopes, just keep working out, doing what you're doing
And keep in mind why you decided to take this path in life.
It's a life career, it'll be worth man
And I wish you all the best, and hope to see you one day on the other side.

kawo11

Pro Rec Y SNA/NFO
I missed this board, was hoping it would be in May.. :) I have a question I hope someone can answer! I'm prior service and aware of the 24 month age waiver for pilot. I looked it up and it says that I'm good as long as I go before the board and commission prior to my 29th birthday. So, when does the commission happen? When the board approves my packet? Could that mean I could commission prior to my 29th and end up going to OCS when I'm 30? I'm just so afraid of ageing out. I asked my recruiter. He is sort of terrible at getting back to me. He's probably overworked. I don't know..since he's so rarely in contact with me. I feel left in the dark regarding my desire to make this happen. Thanks for reading my wordy post!

Last edited:

MemphisBell

pilot
I missed this board, was hoping it would be in May.. :) I have a question I hope someone can answer! I'm prior service and aware of the 24 month age waiver for pilot. I looked it up and it says that I'm good as long as I go before the board and commission prior to my 29th birthday. So, when does the commission happen? When the board approves my packet? Could that mean I could commission prior to my 29th and end up going to OCS when I'm 30? I'm just so afraid of ageing out. I asked my recruiter. He is sort of terrible at getting back to me. He's probably overworked. I don't know..since he's so rarely in contact with me. I feel left in the dark regarding my desire to make this happen. Thanks for reading my wordy post!
You commission at the end of OCS. So if you commission 1 day before your 30th bday, you will be fine.

exNavyOffRec

good rule of thumb is 3 months for OCS then about 2 months to account for time after the board waiting for OCS, so as long as you get a pro Y when you are about 28 and say 6 months you should be fine.

kawo11

Pro Rec Y SNA/NFO
good rule of thumb is 3 months for OCS then about 2 months to account for time after the board waiting for OCS, so as long as you get a pro Y when you are about 28 and say 6 months you should be fine.

This is going to be so close, but still totally possible. I will be 28 and 6mos in June! Thank you so much for the response! Glad to get some answers!

sharkbait1

pilot
Hey man, keep your head up,

It's a difficult process no doubt. Frustrating, long, and easy to get diminishing hopes, just keep working out, doing what you're doing
And keep in mind why you decided to take this path in life.
It's a life career, it'll be worth man
And I wish you all the best, and hope to see you one day on the other side.
thanks man, hanging in there. good thing i have a job in the meantime to keep busy!

cmwz1510r

pilot
None

You also have 48 mos for NFO. If you feel in the dark take the reins. You want to be an officer right? are you active Navy or what?