• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

exNavyOffRec

Most of us submitted ours before the last board but too late to be included. Good luck to everyone!

when you say average evals, what would you consider average? Some people consider MP as average while others say P is average.

It depends, is the person a MP because there are a bunch of great sailors, or is he an MP because he is really average? the write-ups on the back are what will tell.

CuBs2105

In my situation, I went from sea duty to instructor shore duty as an E-5, and made E-6 after the eval cycle so I went P,P,MP (1st P was my close out E-5, next P was my first one as an E-6 and now an MP). Should I be worried about that?

What paperwork did they mix up on yours?
had to do with my nc1 not being familiar with the ocs process and we needed to resubmit a couple documents like my transcripts and what not. Just some minor issues that caused me to miss the board. This time I made sure everything was good and now I added an age waiver.

exNavyOffRec

In my situation, I went from sea duty to instructor shore duty as an E-5, and made E-6 after the eval cycle so I went P,P,MP (1st P was my close out E-5, next P was my first one as an E-6 and now an MP). Should I be worried about that?

well, how do the back of your evals read? that is the key thing.

cmwz1510r

pilot
None
Don't know the stats, but I guess that depends on what you consider easier. If you want you can enlist, take a few years to learn a rate, get to a command, be told you have to wait (insert command's arbitrary wait period for Officer packages), then take a year to submit because your command is unfamiliar with the process/anal about how they want things done, oh and navy medical. Then submit your package into the same pool as the civilians.
What about you? What are your stats?

kwick32192

Is NRC going to be accepting non-prior NFO applicants for this board or are they only going to be accepting fleet applications like the previous board?

CuBs2105

well, how do the back of your evals read? that is the key thing.
Well, by my standards they look pretty strong considering the letter grade that goes with it but I don't know what the board is looking for. The ones I sent to the board actually included a transfer EP eval as an E-5 so I sent 4 evals (EP,P,P,MP) but the write ups are all pretty good.

What's up yall? Checking in. Was around for the last board thread but barely missed it (like many of us in here). I'm making this one. My kit is submitted.

3.5 GPA
54/7/7/7

Check out this vid of a F-15 pilot ejecting at supersonic speeds:

See yall in Rhode Island.

Most of us submitted ours before the last board but too late to be included. Good luck to everyone!

when you say average evals, what would you consider average? Some people consider MP as average while others say P is average.

What's up with you, dude? I recognize your name from the last thread. You didn't make the board? Are you AD? Hopefully we'll be classmates in RI. How was Embry Riddle, almost went there.

CuBs2105

What's up with you, dude? I recognize your name from the last thread. You didn't make the board? Are you AD? Hopefully we'll be classmates in RI. How was Embry Riddle, almost went there.
I remember you on there too. Yea I didn't make the deadline so I got rolled to this board. Yes I'm active duty station in VA. Embry-riddle was a hell of an experience although I severly underestimated the math involved. Can't wait to get to RI because that means we made it.

Checking in... my packet was just a couple days late for the Feb board like everyone else! Bad luck with the doctors at Bethesda/Walter Reed caused my packet to be turned in a few weeks later than it would have been. Here we go again!

NFO is on hold for civilian applicants until further notice.

Seriously? I thought that the last NFO board (February 3) was going to be fleet only, but I never heard anything about future boards being closed to civs. Thanks for the heads up. But can you give more info? Like why? Or when the next civ NFO board might be? My depth perception isn't up to SNA standards, that's why my app has NFO as #1. And yeah, I paid for a private optometrist who confirmed my depth perception. I have good depth perception, just slightly below SNA standards.

But at this point I just want to go SNA and hopefully get accepted. If my depth perception still sucks at NAMI then I'll get relegated to NFO. What do yall think? Ugh so torn