• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

airframer

Greetings everyone,
I have been reading the forums for a while but never posted until my dire need today.
I am on active duty and have been for a while. I will leave all details out because I am not about to cause any embarrassment for anyone involved in this process at my command. I got pro rec y from the last board. It seems that I am the first person to get thus far in many years at this unit and am getting a lot of conflicting answers about what's next. I tried searching the forum but was unsuccessful. Any active duty selects who went through the process that can chime in? Do I sit back and wait for final select letter, go through a new investigation or ...? Any help would be appreciated as I am going through all the advice I get here and much of it is so far contradictory.

MikeM

Congrats to everyone who got selected. Has anyone seen how many people got selected versus how many applicants yet? I'd like to see those stats if anyone knows. Thanks

speedroller

Rangers
I was really hoping this board would meet in May. Now I can just submit and wait for the next one, which I hope will take place sooner rather than latter.

Has anyone seen how many people got selected versus how many applicants yet?

I saw a list that had 68 pro rec y's and 18 pro rec n's for pilot. That doesn't include the nfo list. I would wait till RUFIO or Navyoffrec replies to be sure though :)

slater44

None
So what was the answer so that other Active Duty applicants don't have to same issue.

My friends from previous boards tell me all they did was sit and wait. Your skipper will receive the letter on his BOL and his BOL only, and will inform you.

Only case in which you'd need to do something is if you are coming up on 10 yrs in the next few months -- you may have to fill out another SF86 but that's the only scenario in which you'd have to do anything.

Mav15

So I didn't get selected for this board, but I believe I had pretty strong stats. The reason I didn't get selected is because of speeding tickets, I got 9 from when I was 17 to 21, I know this is not quite the norm but am very disheartened that this is the reason for my non-selection. I plan on reapplying for the October board and in the mean time I will get my PPL, to hopefully show the board my determination.
If any of you fine people could provide me with advice on how to handle this blemish on my application, I would be very thankful.

exNavyOffRec

So I didn't get selected for this board, but I believe I had pretty strong stats. The reason I didn't get selected is because of speeding tickets, I got 9 from when I was 17 to 21, I know this is not quite the norm but am very disheartened that this is the reason for my non-selection. I plan on reapplying for the October board and in the mean time I will get my PPL, to hopefully show the board my determination.
If any of you fine people could provide me with advice on how to handle this blemish on my application, I would be very thankful.

The board does not give a reason of non selection, I would say the tickets may have been a factor, that along with the so so GPA and the average ASTB scores may have all combined to lead to a Pro N.

NavyBlu

The reason I didn't get selected is because of speeding tickets, I got 9 from when I was 17 to 21, I know this is not quite the norm but am very disheartened that this is the reason for my non-selection.

How do they know you had 9 speeding tickets? I don't recall anywhere on the application asking to specify traffic violations.