• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Max Age?

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
You need to be commissioned by your 27 1/2 birthday. Age waivers are possible, but very difficult to get ( you need to be a super stud, and lucky). Not one age waiver has been approved out of my OSO's office in three years for an Air contract.

joemcspeed

Bump....

I have been searching around and found this thread left alone without an answer. Iam a prior about to graduate college. I was going to put in an app for 198 but I am very seriously thinking about continuing with my job as a stockbroker for a year. I turn 26 this dec and would be 27 by Jan 09, so perhaps I wont get accepted till the June class and will be slightly over the age. Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bump....

I have been searching around and found this thread left alone without an answer. Iam a prior about to graduate college. I was going to put in an app for 198 but I am very seriously thinking about continuing with my job as a stockbroker for a year. I turn 26 this dec and would be 27 by Jan 09, so perhaps I wont get accepted till the June class and will be slightly over the age. Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance.

You can always go back to being a stockbroker. However, do you really want to risk losing your shot because you delayed for a year? Read the threads here and you'll see plenty of stories (injuries, not accepted on first application...etc.). Rather than be concerned, if you really want it, you should decide to go for it and give yourself a time cushion in case something causes a delay.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
You can always go back to being a stockbroker. However, do you really want to risk losing your shot because you delayed for a year? Read the threads here and you'll see plenty of stories (injuries, not accepted on first application...etc.). Rather than be concerned, if you really want it, you should decide to go for it and give yourself a time cushion in case something causes a delay.

Concur

I would not chance it. The process takes awhile to get into OCC, and if you are not fully in shape or their are other issues, it can set you back some time. Start the process now. Just do it, it's well worth it.