• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MATSG-21 Check-In

KBayDog

The SMILE4BULLETS Uniform Board will have to come up with an alternate design for Marines who qualify on Miramar's Hathcock Rifle Range.

SMILE4BULLETS

although yes, I am from the south and actually attended The University of Mississippi- the home of the Rebel (and bad football)- I do not fly the stars and bars. That's actually a scan from a pamphlet my fiance got me from the D-Day Museum down in New Orleans. I believe that the aircraft in question is a Grumman TBF Avenger. I can't really tell because I can't see if there's a MG turret on the aft side of the canopy.

anyways, about the badges. i actually came up with that idea while joking with some of the ppl from my platoon here at TBS. got a good laugh. definitely have to love the brakelights

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
Show up mid morning of your check in day. Wear Chucks without shooting badges and have cammies in your car.

I would be hesitant to check into the pool wearing chucks...and not service Alphas. I remember checking in wearing Alphas. Unless things have changed down in Pcola.

Man....the life of an SNA...how sweet it is. Being "stuck" in Florida with minimal duties, getting paid the "big bucks". Soak it up. And do everything possible to go to VT-28 in corpus for primary. Trust me.

phrogpilot73

I would be hesitant to check into the pool wearing chucks...and not service Alphas. I remember checking in wearing Alphas. Unless things have changed down in Pcola.
When I checked in (July of '99), we were instructed to check in wearing Chucks. I was hesitant, but I was glad I did. That's what they were expecting.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't worry, he was mistaken.

You should wear Blue Dress "A," with shooting badges and garrison cover.

And swagger stick.

Don't forget the boat cloak.

I always find it funny that no matter how many times people are told to check-in wearing Chucks to MATSG21 (22 too IIRC), the question always comes up "...but they told us at TBS that no matter what anyone says, wear Alphas!" The first place I think I checked in wearing Alphas was the RAG, and that was the first of now 2 (soon to be 3) times I've even worn my Alphas in my 5.5 years in the Corps.

KBayDog

...that was the first of now 2 (soon to be 3) times I've even worn my Alphas in my 5.5 years in the Corps.

Boot.

Wearing your Alphas again, huh? I take it you are FINALLY being court-martialed for that incident last year?

It's about bloody time.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
MATSG-21 is on a 96 from 1630 Dec 31 to 0730 4 Jan. So I guess you can start check in on the 4th (But report by the date on your orders). Right now there is no wait for API so the sooner you get all your crap completed the sooner you will class up. If you are IFS complete, you prob wont get a stash job cause you will start very quickly.