• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Master & Commander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just got back from seeing Master & Commander, the new Russell Crowe movie. GO SEE IT! It's outstanding, the action is top notch, the story is good, and the music is great. Check it out!

bart27

I also saw M & C last night, but you know, I didn't walk out thinking "wow, that was a great movie." I thought it was good...I guess I had different expectations. I thought there was going to be more sea battles. Anyway, it was worth seeing in the theater.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
I don't think this movie will stand up to Pirates of the Caribbean...no movie ever will.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bart27: I thought the action was very good, but at the same time I'm glad they focused on the characters as well.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
How you can say Depp is a douche bag?! I'm pretty sure that counts as a sin...it's in the bible, somewhere in the back I think.

bart27

Fly Navy: I agree, the quality of the action that took place was good and the character development was also good. I was just hoping for more action and/or maybe one more battle at the end, if you know what I mean.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bart27: Yeah, I can understand that.

Ryoukai: Oh, probably because he thinks the USA is disgusting.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice to see something other than the typical brainless action flick; they certainly didn't try to dumb it down. Can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I saw the movie this past weekend, and I liked it. I can't say it was what I expected, but had very good action scenes. The plot was constructed well, and the movie made you realize the truths of sailor life. It was kinda hard to understand them at points because of their British accents. The last fight scence was good, but the camera looked like I was doing it or something. The camera was all over the place, and you really couldn't tell who was who and so on. Overall I give it a 4 out 5. My $.02

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I thought the movie was okay but to each his own. I saw The Last Samurai (sneak peak) on Saturday and will say it was a much better movie, IMO of course. It's also comparing apples to oranges in the plot but both are military movies with decent stories but the action in the Last Samurai was a bit more intense.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
LOL... good call, Viv. He was out there trying to shoot the bird. He was trying to take down a moving target with a flintlock. That was smart.

medictroy

Master and Commander far outranks POTC. Just my humble opinion. But a better movie to see is the Last Samurai.. bring kleenex for your significant others!

Status
Not open for further replies.