• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Massif approval message

yoyotanker

pilot
My staff has some extra money and the aviators wanted to order the massif soft shell jackets, however my boss is asking for a NAVADMIN or equivalent message authorizing wear. I did a forum search and some Googling with no luck. Anyone have some info on this I can use? Thanks.

Pags

N/A
pilot
When they were initially released they were covered by a NAVAIR issued flight clearance. You could try and chat with PMA-202.

yoyotanker

pilot
Sorry, I could've phrased this better. My "boss" is my O-5 SWO ACOS who needs to sign the request. I am one of the said aviators, which upon reading my original post again was probably not as apparent as it could have been. The non-aviators on the staff have made it hard to even get flight suits and the only reason we have a chance at this is because the Marines who have taken over supply want them as well. I'll try the PMA-202 route. Thanks.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You could just call Massif, as well. They may be able to help since it gets them a sale or three.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
The PMA-202 website has a bunch of "Aircrew Systems Advisories". It's included in those. I don't think it was ever in NAVADMIN traffic. Best of luck

Edit, forgot to mention its the CAC enabled site.

Also, Massif or their distributors should have NAVAIR approval messages. You'll have to order through the distributors most likely.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Sorry, I could've phrased this better. My "boss" is my O-5 SWO ACOS who needs to sign the request. I am one of the said aviators, which upon reading my original post again was probably not as apparent as it could have been. The non-aviators on the staff have made it hard to even get flight suits and the only reason we have a chance at this is because the Marines who have taken over supply want them as well. I'll try the PMA-202 route. Thanks.
You may run in to some issues because the gear probably fall into the seam of organizational clothing vice an actual uniform...just say it's a replacement for the old Nomex jacket that all SWOs somehow manage to get. Or you could also just ensure that Supply gets the ACOS a jacket and a flight suit (for Fridays only of course) so he can look like the cool kids. We gave our LHD CO a flightsuit with nametags all made up and convinced him he had to wear it since he was in charge of an aircraft carrier. He loved it and would wear it on Fridays.

Pags

N/A
pilot
The PMA-202 website has a bunch of "Aircrew Systems Advisories". It's included in those. I don't think it was ever in NAVADMIN traffic. Best of luck

Edit, forgot to mention its the CAC enabled site.

Also, Massif or their distributors should have NAVAIR approval messages. You'll have to order through the distributors most likely.
There should be PoCs for PMA-202 on the flight clearance or webpage; I've always had good luck calling/emailing the folks there and they've been very helpful.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When you say "boss," are you talking about a CPO, MMCO, MO, or CO? It matters.

Also, go ask a Chief or a SWO and they'll be able to quote (but not produce) any NAVADMIN having to do with aviators and uniforms.....//end snark//
Or a blackshoe Chief. The flight suit sea lawyering is especially strong there.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Or a blackshoe Chief. The flight suit sea lawyering is especially strong there.

I will say that now that we're a year or two into the the new policy(ies), I've met very little resistance to the pajamas. Yes, there's still Chiefs that will want to wear NWUs over a flight suit for uniformity, but they don't give others grief for wearing a flight suit because they're equivalence. Then again, I tend to exert some energy in that direction to make sure it's understood that they're now mostly equal, but the energy is mostly not needed.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I will say that now that we're a year or two into the the new policy(ies), I've met very little resistance to the pajamas. Yes, there's still Chiefs that will want to wear NWUs over a flight suit for uniformity, but they don't give others grief for wearing a flight suit because they're equivalence. Then again, I tend to exert some energy in that direction to make sure it's understood that they're now mostly equal, but the energy is mostly not needed.
I know of some grumbling in my parts; professionally phrased tactful grumbling, but still grumbling.

yoyotanker

pilot
@Pags: that is the exact problem I'm running into. He wants to know how often we are supposed to get organizational clothing. If it could be solved by a flightsuit and jacket we would have bought him his own shit-hot long ago. SWOs take a lot of pleasure in being the anti-aviator.

I tried getting to PMA 202 from my home computer with a CAC reader with no luck, but I'll try from work and I know a couple people in PAX and can probably track down a POC for aircrew systems.

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
@Pags: that is the exact problem I'm running into. He wants to know how often we are supposed to get organizational clothing. If it could be solved by a flightsuit and jacket we would have bought him his own shit-hot long ago. SWOs take a lot of pleasure in being the anti-aviator.

I tried getting to PMA 202 from my home computer with a CAC reader with no luck, but I'll try from work and I know a couple people in PAX and can probably track down a POC for aircrew systems.

Give me a call on Monday. 301-342-8448. I'm with Aircrew Systems at Pax River. I should be able to find what you're looking for.