• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marshall, Rhodes

fusu

I was recently nominated for the Rhodes and Marshall scholarships. Problem is I'm a BDCPer and owe the Navy obligations right after I graduate. I've know that a lot of Academy and NROTC types win these scholarships and then differ their service in the Navy for a couple of years, I just can't find any examples of BDCPers doing it.

My OR has no clue.

This is most likely a moot question because I'm not going to win either of the scholarships, but IF someone on the selection board was on crack and I did pull it off, does anyone on this site know if I would be able to accept the award? I just don't want to deny someone else the nomination/spend the next three weeks working every second on the application if there is no chance.

thanks as always for the help and advice.

fusu

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
First off, since you are probably a smart guy for being nominated for those scholarships, I don't feel bad telling you that the word you are looking for is "defer," not "differ."

There's a program for grad school scholarship winners called the "Officer Scholarship Program." It's controlled by OPNAVINST 1520.24B. Basically your first assignment post-commissioning is graduate school, and you continue from there. I used this program to get my grad degree after commissioning from NROTC. It might be possible for you to delay your OCS until after you finish the grad school, but I don't know anything about that.

fusu

thanks beans.

man i love how this site rocks typos.

and by no means am i smart; just lucky as all hell.

Renegade One

None
thanks beans.

man i love how this site rocks typos.

and by no means am i smart; just lucky as all hell.

As one smart guy to another...don't go all "e.e. cummings" on us and neglect to capitalize words when appropriate. Show off that education...never good to go "full retard". :)

Welcome to the warm, embracing world of Naval aviation!

V/R, Spike