• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Married OCS Applicants

LMNG3

Good morning. Quick question for those of you who applied to OCS and were married. My husband's OSO told him that his application is only missing one thing before he can submit it - the letter from his spouse. ?? Did anyone else have to have their spouse write a letter indicating s/he is aware of her/his spouse applying to the program? I'm not really sure what to write, so I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone else has been in this position. (maybe I should print out some select choices from the 'He-Man Woman Haters Club' thread?) :)

Oh, he's also prior-enlisted. Not sure if that matters. You'd think they'd figure we know what we're in for. ;) Then again, assume nothing about the good 'ol MC.

Thanks!!

cwyx

On my OSO's website there is a form for the spouse letter basically acknowledging that he can be stationed anywhere in the world and that you know the nature of his job. His OSO probably has that form for you to fill out.

LMNG3

Thanks for the reply. His OSO didn't give him a form, and I didn't see one on their website. I'll google a couple other OSO websites and see what I can dig up. Thanks for the idea.

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
If you were married during his enlistment, it should be on his record. This is especially true in the case of you SGLI. No, I did not need a spousal letter from the OSO. The marriage certificate was kosher in MY case.

LMNG3

Interesting. We were married his entire enlistment and went through two deployments. Regardless, his OSO wants a letter for his package and I'm more than happy to help where I can. I found a template letter on another OSO's site.
I really appreciate the replies. Thanks so much.