• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marriage Separation and Commissioning

HeartofTexas

Contributor
Another thing to consider, if she does act out or start getting vicious, DO NOT ENGAGE. Keep being cordial, reasonable, and maintain documentation (texts, emails, facebook messages, whatever). If y'all have verbal agreements on something, shoot her a follow-up text or email confirming what you both verbally agreed to. The last thing you want is to inadvertently get caught up in a "he said-she said". I cannot tell you how many times I have seen guys and a few chicks at my squadron going through a separation/divorce, get into a tiff about settlements/custody, and then get lambasted with either a restraining order or accusations to the command from the soon-to-be-ex. This obviously isn't the case with everyone, but you'd be surprised how some spouses will use their own children as bargaining chips/threats to get what they want.
Just my unwarranted two cents ?‍♂️

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Yah I'm actually prior enlisted and was sea duty the whole time. So I do understand the long hours, underways, etc. I just want to join haha. I need to just figure out what I need to do to make sure everything is squared away. I'm supposed to be going to the board in November.

If you’ve been around you’ve heard plenty of stories about the batshit crazy soon to be Ex-spouse trying to ruin a service members life. The courts have seen plenty of batshit crazy service members trying to destroy their future ex- spouses, so make sure you get an attorney to keep you from being made out to be a total asshole during the divorce.

Going back in? Mentally prepare for your future military pension to become considered community property based on your time married during previous service by someone somewhere along in the process. Definitely talk to your attorney about how to navigate that.