• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marines Checking in at Whiting

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Some questions...No I'm not asking the traditional "what's the wait"...I've waited so much that I don't give a shit anymore.

However, I was roughing out my September budget earlier today, and I'm wondering what the bottom line is on cash to get into the squadron. What am I going to drop on dues, T-shirts, patches, etc when I get on deck?

And when does flight pay start? I've been told that it starts when you report and I've been told that it starts when you class up. I've read both here. So which is it?

What uniform do Marines report in? Flight suit? Service alphas? I just need to know how much I need to sweat out in the next few weeks.

yodaears

pilot
Some questions...No I'm not asking the traditional "what's the wait"...I've waited so much that I don't give a shit anymore.

However, I was roughing out my September budget earlier today, and I'm wondering what the bottom line is on cash to get into the squadron. What am I going to drop on dues, T-shirts, patches, etc when I get on deck?

And when does flight pay start? I've been told that it starts when you report and I've been told that it starts when you class up. I've read both here. So which is it?

What uniform do Marines report in? Flight suit? Service alphas? I just need to know how much I need to sweat out in the next few weeks.

I think i dropped somewhere around 80 bucks at 6 but I can't remember the exact figure. Moto Sqdrn T-shirts not included.

My flight pay started the first pay cycle after checking in at 6.

We checked in wearing chucks in February which i found odd but whatever. Seeing that it's August I would imagine chucks. Do you know what sqdrn you're going to? When you find out I would just go over and start asking questions.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
For 2 it was $50 - that got you a couple of green t-shirts, a moto shirt, a patch and some other stuff - it is less for Marines because we don't have to get a high speed name tape made with pretty squadron colors and logos all over it.

Im pretty sure that flight pay starts when you check into TW-5.

When you check into the wing, you still wear Chucks.

As far as what squadron you get assigned while your waiting, it is tentative and might change for a number of reasons.

A lot of your questions will get answered the day you check in.

The wait right now I think is about 4-6 weeks.

SF/
BD

P.S. - Marines, be ready for some serious PT with the Col twice a week while you wait
sick0020.gif

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Figure around $50 for squadron dues. We checked in wearing Charlies. And I thought my flight pay started once I checked in to TW-5, though I could be wrong.

And hope for 6.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
My flight pay stared the day I checked into my squadron, not the wing. Though this was Navy and in CC, so who knows...

MettGT

pilot
I paid about $60 for VT-6 (dues, a couple of squadron patches, a couple of t-shirts, and some stuff you get when you solo), but it depends on how much extra stuff you want to buy. I also got flight pay once I checked into the TW-5. Chucks when you check in to the wing and again first day of class/checking in to the squadron.