• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marines AW: Please ID these weapons if you would...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
OK ladies, thanks to a couple of jarheads emailing me and pointing me to a Wikipedia article, I can safely conclude that the AR's in the picture are indeed the new 7.62 x 51 NATO highly accurized semi-auto sniper system that is officially adopted by USMC. It is not a 5.56 weapon!!

In any case, I want one!!!!!

Check out his site. You may buy one, if you have the quals.
http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1

They have more rifles than you can imagine.

I looked all through that site and didn't find one...

xmid

pilot
Contributor
You're better off buying one directly from Knight's Armament, but it'll take about a year to get to you and a few grand out of your pocket.

1-2 year wait though and it will cost you $7999.99!! :eek: Then its gonna cost you another $1399.00 (+$200 tax) for the silencer... Why? Because it carries Reed Knights name. That being said, I've seen one at the range once and it is extremely nice and exotic. I'd probably sell a kidney for one.

Go here if you're not turned away by the price tag:
http://www.impactguns.com/store/KMC-21035.html

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
wishlistui8.png

Lawman

None
Im not spending that much for a gun that doesnt do one of the following:

A. Have select fire capability

B. Shoot Lasers and or magnetically accelerated Flachettes

C. Have a Chainsaw for a Bayonet

And Im all about throwing down extra cash for that little bit of quality/name after all Im an H&K owner.

skidz

adrenaline junky
The Marines also adopted a new scope this past year, the Schmidt and Bender M-854155 DS. This gunny is sporting it on his extremely well painted M40. I wish I was able to paint a rifle this well, damn.

Mitch

disease free
It's a knock-off of the original Unertl, but still a very capable (dare I say "equal") scope. As far as the SR-25, the Marine Corps nomenclature is the SAM-R (Squad Advanced Marksman Rifle). The idea was to give the infantry squad a precision shooting capability "comparable" with that of a school-trained Scout/Sniper. Though DM's (Designated Marksmen) don't go to Scout/Sniper School, they're typically trained by Div schools or SOTG and bring a very valuable, and until recently, unrealized capability to the rifle squad. The big advantage with the SAM-R is that fellow Marines carry the the same 5.56 ammo (though not match-grade). There was a plasticized (but equally effective) M14 in competion a few years ago but most folks (0331s notwithstanding) don't carry 7.62. Bottom line: SAM-R is pretty $$.

skidz

adrenaline junky
Mitch, the SR-25 is a 7.62x51, the SR-15 is the 5.56x45. There is a difference of ammunition in the field, but that is not a big deal because the M240 uses 7.62x51. Yes, it's not match grade ammunition, but it can be used in the lack of such.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
It's a knock-off of the original Unertl, but still a very capable (dare I say "equal") scope.

Why would the Marines go from Unertl's to knock off Unertl's? They don't even look similar. The S&B is $3k and change... I bet they believe its pretty capable.

Mitch

disease free
Why would the Marines go from Unertl's to knock off Unertl's? They don't even look similar. The S&B is $3k and change... I bet they believe its pretty capable.

I was referring to the scopes in the photo (lower right) previously posted by skidz. We aren't speaking of the same photo and I should've clarified.

US Optics built a nearly identical scope to the Unertl and for the most part it worked well. It did have issues with the mil dots coming unfastened and moisture.