• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine PLC Aviation Path Question

Niolson

I am going to be a freshman in college this fall and I'm very interested in the Marine PLC program. Has anyone gone through this and can give me information on what it is like? Is the aviation path different from the ground path? I heard that you are able to gain flight hours through PLC before you even accept the commission, is that true? My other question is when do I have to take the ASTB, before I submit my package? Or after the first 6 week session? I am currently trying to get in touch with the Marine recruiters in Chico CA (closest to where I live and go to college) but the guy that was in charge is retiring so I have had difficulty in getting a hold of them.
Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated
-Thanks

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I am going to be a freshman in college this fall and I'm very interested in the Marine PLC program. Has anyone gone through this and can give me information on what it is like? Is the aviation path different from the ground path? I heard that you are able to gain flight hours through PLC before you even accept the commission, is that true? My other question is when do I have to take the ASTB, before I submit my package? Or after the first 6 week session? I am currently trying to get in touch with the Marine recruiters in Chico CA (closest to where I live and go to college) but the guy that was in charge is retiring so I have had difficulty in getting a hold of them.
Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated
-Thanks

Ground types and air contracts do the exact same thing until after TBS. Unless they have changed things, you don't do any flying until IFS and that is after accepting a commission. You need to take the ASTB before you can get an air contract, which would be before going to OCS. Make sure you are talking to an Officer Selection Officer and not a recruiter. He will be able to answer all these kinds of questions.