• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Pilot VS Navy Pilot

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Just keep the great attitude.. You’ll encounter a few speed bumps but you now control your destiny. Not some detailer, who’s full of shit... And the man, who’s locked you into a commitment. That commitment lock is there for a reason... They own you! But not anymore.. Congrats! You ever need a rec come to Memphis for BBQ and a beer and I’ll help anyway I can!

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I'll try!! Thanks for the encouragement. Right now I'm doing my best to avoid the "omg wtf have I done" thoughts! ? I felt like ol' Bill Thursday afternoon when decision time was here... ?

giphy.gif

I have 98 days of leave and house hunting to burn! My baja offroad trip isn't going to use all of those, maybe I'll take you up on that beer when I get travel privileges this fall! ???

Now can we go back to bitching about LCS and MQ-8?! ?

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Pics or it didn’t happen :)
Oh, ye of little faith. I go down there all the time. Having to do the fucking paperwork every time was definitely on the "cons" list for staying in. These are past photos, but every trip is epic, so I have no doubt I'll return to fulfill your request later in the year. ?

And for all you mall crawlers out there, the Raptor is a POS. I got one because I wanted reliability in Mexico. I didn't want to have to explain why I wasn't at work on Monday morning and be marooned. Needless to say, I stripped a transfer case and busted a power steering pump on that thing, both times in Mexico, not doing anything excessive. So I went back to the trusty Toyota.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Right now I'm doing my best to avoid the "omg wtf have I done" thoughts!

It doesn't matter if you're resigning or stuck it out until 20 and retiring, there's going to be some of that. You've spent most of your adult life dedicated to a job that, presumably, will impact you for the rest of your life. Just keep looking forward and don't get bogged down in what might have been. That said, take all those good things that did happen in the Navy and don't be afraid to enjoy the memories.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Oh, ye of little faith. I go down there all the time. Having to do the fucking paperwork every time was definitely on the "cons" list for staying in. These are past photos, but every trip is epic, so I have no doubt I'll return to fulfill your request later in the year. ?

View attachment 21820
View attachment 21821
View attachment 21822View attachment 21823View attachment 21824View attachment 21825
View attachment 21826
View attachment 21827
View attachment 21829
View attachment 21828

And for all you mall crawlers out there, the Raptor is a POS. I got one because I wanted reliability in Mexico. I didn't want to have to explain why I wasn't at work on Monday morning and be marooned. Needless to say, I stripped a transfer case and busted a power steering pump on that thing, both times in Mexico, not doing anything excessive. So I went back to the trusty Toyota.
Why the fuck does that stop sign say “alto”?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

View attachment 21820
View attachment 21821
View attachment 21822View attachment 21823View attachment 21824View attachment 21825
View attachment 21826
View attachment 21827
View attachment 21829
View attachment 21828

Nice 80 series.

Rycast

I can confirm. Traded a Tacoma for a Raptor - everything on the damn thing broke before I went back to a Tacoma. Lost a shit ton of money. Never had a single problem with either Tacoma, and they both had higher mileage.

Great pics, by the way.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I can confirm. Traded a Tacoma for a Raptor - everything on the damn thing broke before I went back to a Tacoma. Lost a shit ton of money. Never had a single problem with either Tacoma, and they both had higher mileage.

Great pics, by the way.

I'm thinking about trading the FZJ80 in for a Tacoma and doing the long travel thing since, you know, I actually do that kinda stuff. Any complaints or issues with the Taco I should be aware of??

Rycast

I'm thinking about trading the FZJ80 in for a Tacoma and doing the long travel thing since, you know, I actually do that kinda stuff. Any complaints or issues with the Taco I should be aware of??

I'd love to beef up my suspension, but I just have stock Bilsteins from the TRD Pro package. They're nice. Mine is a 2015, which is the last year model that had the 4.0L V6. I prefer it over the new 3.5L V6. The new engine is probably fine, but it hasn't been around long and it doesn't have as much low-end torque. The new V6 tries to save gas all the time and is constantly changing gears if you get the auto. The 4.0L doesn't do that weird shit.

The one issue I have had with Tacomas is their stock brake rotors warping (steering will start to shake under braking). Maybe I just brake too aggressively, but once I swapped out the front rotors for drilled rotors, I haven't had any issues since.