• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Option and major

JTB7

I was awarded a NROTC-Marine Option scholarship in the spring and I selected computer science which is a Teir 2 major back then. Would it be ok for Marine Options to change to a Tier 3 major like Business Management/Marketing? I realize the new system with Navy Options would make them forfeit their scholarship, but I am unsure of Marine Options. I contacted the MOI by email about the issue a week ago and has not gotten back to me. Registration is soon and I am unsure if I can switch from a Teir 2 to a Teir 3 as a Marine Option.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
that is correct. some marines i know have started as engineers and switched with no blowback. now if you tried that as a navy guy/gal, stand by

Kyoowashugi

Marine Options can major in Tier 10 underwater basketweaving and maintain the same scholarship - don't sweat it. Just make sure you pick something you can excel in.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
dont forget about elementary reading and advanced watercoloring :) . actually advanced watercolors is offered at my school and i know more than one person who did not do well in it...fail

JTB7

Thanks for the responses

It was too late to switch from engineering to business, so I am going to stick with engineering the first year,and possibly switch to business management/marketing after the first year.