• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Option Air Contracts

jjryan07

Iron Eagle
Just wondering what sort of ASTB scores it currently takes to get an air contract as a Marine option midn. My younger brother is a 2/C and has been thinking about taking the ASTB and going air contract instead of ground. Anyone have any insight on what current guys are getting contracts with?

Thanks

Renegade One

None
Just wondering what sort of ASTB scores it currently takes to get an air contract as a Marine option midn. My younger brother is a 2/C and has been thinking about taking the ASTB and going air contract instead of ground. Anyone have any insight on what current guys are getting contracts with?

Thanks
Maybe he should join the forum and ask the questions on his own behalf? They're not bad questions…it's just that answers through an intermediary sometimes get garbled.

How about an update on yourself? OCS about a year ago…if I read your info stuff correctly.

jjryan07

Iron Eagle
Info needs to be updated. I just received my FS letter and am slated for Aug 25 for OCS after a long delay for medical reasons.

Just trolling for a little info, though. Not looking for any serious info, just putting my ear to the ground. I have been telling him to sign up, but right now he is just lurking.

Johny0nThaSp0t

pilot

Thanks

Dude, if he's a Midn, have him talk to the Aviation Rep at his NROTC unit. Every NROTC unit has an aviation rep that administers/ facilitates ASTB's. One phone call will not only answer all of your/his questions, but will normally get you the ASTB prep book available for the Mids. I cannot tell you how many Mids I talked to that were "interested" and were too lazy to take 2 hours out of their weak day to take it. If there is interest, kick him/yourself in the butt and take it. Def study (see below).

To answer your question, as of 2 yrs ago it was 4-5-4...That doesn't mean anything to you. Just take the test.

Here are a couple of things to never believe:

1. "You cant really study for it"
2. "Wait until (insert random future date here) to take it, because (insert bs excuse for laziness here)"