• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine OCS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PharaelGA18

Twitch you should be stronger than after college lifting.
I bench press 305lbs and deadlift 405lbs and I'm a high school senior.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Who cares... I promise the SI's wont give a rat's behind what you can lift at OCS. My .02 cents

"For he who serves his fellows, is among his fellows greatest."
- Meteu -

klostman

the happy dance!
EA-6B1, good point. I know a lot of guys who can bench 300+ but can do about 10 pullups. I also know some Marines that barely bench their weight, but bust out 25 pullups. Go figure.

Fast Eddie

PharaelGA18,

You're right.. I should be stronger :).

But I am also a super nerd which is a handicap. Find me someone who can bench 1.5x weight AND score a 1500 on the SAT :).

In seriousness though, I think it's because I started late..

I didn't play sports or exercise at all until I got to college.. I was about 130lb my freshman year.. I've put on about 20lb a year from that point on.. they aren't memorable lifts thats for sure.. but I've made a lot of progress and that's what counts for me..I remember when I couldn't deadlift 100lbs...

I didn't really provide the lifts as no where near bragging.. but just to give people a general disposition that I was somewhat active/strong.. not just an academic that couldnt find work in the private sector that decided to go the military route...

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
This is way off the weight lifting topic, but I thought this thread would be just as good a place as any for this question. Is there anywhere on the internet with Marine Corps OCS videos or clips? I've seen a bunch of pictures, and I've seen the little CD-ROM disc the OSO gives you that's in the shape of an EGA, but does anyone know of any other places out there on the web? Thanks.

Quote on being selected for an OCS spot:
"If you are chosen, you will have been chosen by Men 'who have been there and done that' and have decided that they wished to have you in Their company, there is no such medal worth as much."

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
That CD-ROM is awesome, especially that synthesizer music that's playing in the background the whole time. Bum-bum, bum, bah-dah! Bum-bum, bum, bah-dah! If they have that stuff playing the whole time down in Quantico then 10 weeks of OCC are going to be a breeze.

"Peace on earth to men of goodwill. All others stand by."

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
On a more serious note, does anyone know if it's to your advantage to get over the max score on any element of the PFT- over 20 pullups, over 100 sit-ups, under 18 min run? Or do they just care if you can hit the max? As long as they have that synthesizer music playing...

"Peace on earth to men of goodwill. All others stand by."

Status
Not open for further replies.