• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine OCS combined question

santangilo

Hey im going to the Marine OCS combined in May. I leave in a few days. I was recently in a car accident and it has affected my PFT. I used to max out the sit-ups, and the pull-ups, and did ok on the run. But now I can only max out the sit-ups, do about 15 to 16 pullups, and possibly squeeze out a 22:30 3 mile, I would go so far in saying I will probably run it in a little bit over 23 min. I know this is extremely slow to their standards but for some reason the accident really screwed up my run time and pull-ups. Does anyone know if with this poor run time and everything that I can still make it. I want this more than anything in the world. Also I have not had much time to really memorize anything. will this hurt me also?

Reconjoe

This is my honest educated opinion, don't take it as gods word...

Well, it sounds like your still pushing a 1st class PFT, and thats step #1....now if EVERY1 there is pushing 1st class PFT's, then your score of 245 (max situps, 15 pullups, 23:00) might get looked at....but at least it's good for the initial PFT....the biggest thing is you have to improve (and they'll look for that) while your at OCS on that score

Bigger problem though....if that accident somehow affected your pullups and run, that right there sounds like theres another base problem...something that may come up in the physical they give you or something that may be prone to break on you in training.....many candidates who go there perfectly healthy end up breaking because of how physically demanding OCS is and how little rest time you get there. So you might want to ask yourself if you honestly think this will or will not be a problem that might come back to haunt you....better to have your OSO postpone you so you can go once and graduate, then to go, get sent back, heal, and try going again.

Ultimately, you need to talk to your OSO as well and go over your options...again it will suck if you go and get sent back...it'll be a mindf*$k to have to go twice, but not impossible if your dedicated and focused enough.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
....if that accident somehow affected your pullups..

or......If your form isn't good. Depending on who is counting, it's also not un-common on the initial PFT to have some of your pullups not count. Dropping from the bar to find that the 15 pullups you needed for first class (and thought you completed) were only counted as 9 is no fun. That's a game changer.

Pullups are money on a Marine Corps PFT so be sure proper form is a part of your rehab.

Bets of luck to you!!

S/F