• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Infantry Officer course prior to attending flight school

81montedriver

pilot
If you want to know what it's like to be a grunt, pick up a FAC tour after your first flying tour. Not only will you get a good look at what the infantry side of the house is like, but you DON'T have to go through IOC AND it actually looks good on your MBS, having a FITREP signed by an 0302 Battalion Commander. Or you will spend most of your time in S-3 planning exercises. Luck of the draw I guess.

As fun as the idea of being a grunt is, I now remember why I couldn't wait to leave TBS.

texags

pilot
I want to slap OP for even considering going to IOC. Glad you came to your senses!

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
From what I have heard about it here and there, it is mostly a haze-ex. If you want to test yourself in that way, go ahead. Its cheaper than one of those stupid mud races.

I was hanging out with a buddy today who was wearing an old IOC shirt. The back said "I can't talk about what we did at IOC, but I can say that every day there was the worst day of my life."