• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine IFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peters1

Hey y'all quick question for the Marines out there. If you go to IFS and fail or realize flying for whatever reason isn't your best bet in the Corps, what then? Will you be redesignated a ground option? Worse, will you be separated? Any answers would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

farkle84

if you find out that flying isnt for you. and you are in IFS before TBS. you can drop your flight contract and try to go for another ground MOS. i am not sure what happens if you do IFS after TBS and find out you dont like it. i know that there are two guys here at TBS that didnt like flying so they decided to go for a ground MOS instead.

megrey06

Kingsville
I am post-TBS and completing IFS at Quantico now. As far as I know, if you complete IFS after TBS and decide you don't want to fly the process is basically the same if you were pre-TBS. You would work with the folks at TBS to get a ground slot. That is what IFS is for. The Marine Corps would rather find out before you go to flight school that you don't want to fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.