• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Flight and PRK a no go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
Just talked to the local Marines OSO, and he said that the Marine requirements are that the candidate have 20/40 BEFORE the PRK surgery. Sounds rediculous... no ASENINE. Anyway, no matter how it sounds to me, anyone have any input on this?

Jeff29

Science Project
He does not know what he's talking about. If you were better than 20/40, you wouldn't need the surgery. Navy policy is on the NOMI website, I'm not sure if Marine Corps policy is the same.

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
Yeah, I wasnt that impressed with my short conversation with this guy, but it's still something I want to look into. Not only that, but he didnt send me his contact information as I requested, and basically said that I should talk to my Navy OSO first about my Navy app, and then if that looks like nothingings going to happen, THEN talk to him.

Anyone have any input on filling out multiple apps at the same time?

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
Sounds to me like this guy has met his quota for March already.
And no, you can't even qualify for PRK if you've got better than 20/100 or so. If you really want to join the Corps, and you've already got your 4-yr degree, contact an OSO in a different district, there are some out there that still need contracts, believe me. Personal-Message me if you want a list of the neediest ones. I am personally aware of several.

Status
Not open for further replies.