• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine F/A-18D WSO/NFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pat1USMC said:
Airwinger, the mission commander is different than the pilot in command. In the Prowler, ECMO 3 is usually mission commander.

The MC can sit in any of the seats (he or she is qualified for), it is the preference of the MC.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Flash said:
The MC can sit in any of the seats (he or she is qualified for), it is the preference of the MC.

In the fleet, the MC is the senior man in the crew. Can be the pilot or ECMO. I was the third most senior (lineal) guy in my squadron so I was usually the MC unless flying with the CO or XO. We had JO MC's and sent out a couple of cross countries that way.

Front seat (ECMO1) time however was very important and usually tracked by scheds or decided in the crew brief. A MC ECMO could decide to sit in the front more than normal but he would be called on it by everyone else. If the pilot happens to be a MC, we usually let him fly the plane anyway. :icon_wink

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SteveG75 said:
In the fleet, the MC is the senior man in the crew. Can be the pilot or ECMO. I was the third most senior (lineal) guy in my squadron so I was usually the MC unless flying with the CO or XO. We had JO MC's and sent out a couple of cross countries that way.

Front seat (ECMO1) time however was very important and usually tracked by scheds or decided in the crew brief. A MC ECMO could decide to sit in the front more than normal but he would be called on it by everyone else. If the pilot happens to be a MC, we usually let him fly the plane anyway. :icon_wink

I tried to give a short answer but yeah, that is a better way to put it Meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.