• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Marine Elephant Walk

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
What’s a lava monster?
It's only the greatest threat to liberty, justice, and the American way...

It can be defeated only by a recruit wielding a Mameluke sword.

CompassionateMetallicAdouri-size_restricted.gif

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Another very decent production!

But what do we have here - a Marine Aircrew wearing a white taped HGU-56 helmet....

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
I’m a blast at parties. Thinking back to my many months of low single digit flight hours in the fleet, it would have sucked to get roped into a dog and pony show that prevents squadrons from using their planes to actually train. If they want to look good, then maybe organize a large scale assault support exercise and use all those ospreys and shitters to move a battalion, and film the crap out of it. But I guess that would involve actually being good rather than looking good.

I agree with that. Something like this to send a message to an adversary is one thing. If there's no messaging or training value then it's a waste of people's time... IMO.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

40% NMC rate.

I'm not defending the Elephant walk, as that just seems like a waste of resources, but...

That number only tells half the story. What's the actual required MC rate (I forget the acronym)? Just because you have 10 aircraft doesn't mean you need or are even required to have a 100% MC rate. It can be perfectly normal to have 2 aircraft up and be meeting your requirement, depending on the cycle.