• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Cpl. caught in Mexico

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Heck with PMITA prison, I wouldn't rule the death penalty out on this.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I don't know that he can be sentenced to death following extradition from Mexico. I remember reading that according to our extradition agreement with Mexico, they will not extradite a US citizen as long as the death penalty is on the table as a possible sentence.

However, I think PMITA prison is a more fitting fate. Rapists tend to get to fully understand the reason why we call it "Federal Pound Me In The Ass" Prison.

phrogpilot73

Heck with PMITA prison, I wouldn't rule the death penalty out on this.
Unfortunately, the Onlsow County prosecutor already signed an agreement (about 2 months ago) with Mexico - pulling the death penalty off the table. He did that in order to speed the arrest warrant in Mexico, and the extradition.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unfortunately, the Onlsow County prosecutor already signed an agreement (about 2 months ago) with Mexico - pulling the death penalty off the table. He did that in order to speed the arrest warrant in Mexico, and the extradition.

Many countries, including Mexico, will not entertain an extradition at all unless we pull the death penalty off the table. So not just to speed it up, it is to get him back period.

Pugs

Back from the range
None

I wonder how that affects the agreement if he turns him over to the USMC for prosecution?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wonder how that affects the agreement if he turns him over to the USMC for prosecution?

That would probably foul up any future agreements that prosecuters would make with Mexico. I don't think the Marines would do that.

phrogpilot73

Many countries, including Mexico, will not entertain an extradition at all unless we pull the death penalty off the table. So not just to speed it up, it is to get him back period.
I agree, and I guess I didn't word it properly. The reason he took the death penalty off the table several MONTHS ago (as opposed to after he was in custody) was to speed the extradition.

skidz

adrenaline junky
Send him to the gallows or a firing squad.

Educate me, is this being dealt with by the civilian world assisted by the Marine Corps, or dealt with through the Military assisted by the civilian world?