• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Corps Times OCS Site

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Brings back memories...though some of the times it doesn't seem like there is enough yelling...

Wedge

I was lucky enough to go to TBS with these jokers in the video, that will be the third part of the series. But I was part of a different OCS class 183, and man I am so glad that crap is over with.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Slight course correcton .... is the Marine Corps Gazette (the name notwithstanding) still the respected professional journal that is used to be .... ??? Inquiring minds want to know ...... :)

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
A4sForever said:
Slight course correcton .... is the Marine Corps Gazette (the name notwithstanding) still the respected professional journal that is used to be .... ??? Inquiring minds want to know ...... :)

My company commander said it was right before he told me to buy a 5 yr subscription... :icon_mi_1

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I hadn't seen this before. It is excellent, a must see for any considering contracting. So familiar....

tperng

Looks like us OCC-190 candidates are getting lucky. All the videos are very informative to those who are non-prior service. Looks like the last videos will be released by the end of September. At least now I have some idea of how to properly address the company staff.

The O Course looks fun :).

OVERCOME

Long live the UFC!
I was there when that was filmed. Brought back some memories seeing GySgt Mack giving his speed and intensity talk. I was in 5th platoon. You see a lot of 5th in this video. (pick up, GySgt Mack calling off names to head to the 2nd deck of the squad bay) GySgt Bothwell was rippin' those four candidates for messing up his drill because they marched directly in front of us, cutting us off. I think that they were plc guys. If you want an example of what ocs is like, this video does it.

OVERCOME

Long live the UFC!
DocT said:
Ahhh, those nasty PLC'ers. ;)
LOL, sorry about that. I see how it sounds. I meant to say that they were PLC seniors from another company .....1st inc...golf, kilo....(not sure which) and looking back on it, I don't understand why the four of them just marched directly in front of us with our GySgt right there. It was either very bold, or just plain stupid. But hey, we've all done something just as dumb while there. :icon_wink

riley

To answer A4s question, yes the "Marine Corps Gazzette" is still the professional magazine of the Marine Corps. "Leatherneck Magazine" is its sister publication (both by the Marine Corps Associaiton. Leatherneck is more personal stories of Marines, while the Gazette focuses on Doctrine, TTPS, and new techonology.

To those going to 190, take the information from the website, but don't let your mind run away from you.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
riley mcconnell said:
To those going to 190, take the information from the website, but don't let your mind run away from you.

Concur, don't think they'll send you to the week 9 board because you asked what the f*ck a stick is. There's extenuating circumstances.

I get all motivated watching this stuff again.

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
i was watching the batch of videos and more specifically the liberty video and noticed something odd. One of the candidates had a cell phone in the squad bay, i thought that was contraband. Some on correct me if I'm wrong.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
ZoomByU said:
i was watching the batch of videos and more specifically the liberty video and noticed something odd. One of the candidates had a cell phone in the squad bay, i thought that was contraband. Some on correct me if I'm wrong.

Depends on when it was...you can have your cell during liberty, even in the squad bay, but not during the week...and yes some candidates wear utilities on liberty around base...

tegtag

My favorite is the new graduation video where the staff is calling the ex-candidates, er, LTs "sir." Makes me laugh but also creeps me out.

PLCers like me didn't get that wonderful opportunity at the end of our 10 weeks.