• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Corps Push-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

chartdk

Anyone know the difference between a Marine Corps style push-up and a regular push-up? Is there really a difference?

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
1,2,3, 1!
1,2,3, 2!
1,2,3, 3!
1,2,3, 4!
1,2,3, 5!

Marine Corps push- ups are a 2 for 1 deal. I'd have to say it's a bargain.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think it's some sort of mental "torture". Oh we're doing 20? No, no my friend, you're ACTUALLY doing 40. Maybe Marines can't count as high so they need to do this? (joking!) Hehehhe.

Navy ROTC Guy

Rainman

pilot
Navy/Army pushups you have to "break the plane" when coming down whereas a MC pushup you either touch chest to floor or hit your buddy's slightly cupped hand.

An official navy PRT pushup has head straight (so spine is aligned) whereas a MC always has head up (so line of sight is parrallel to deck). Also, fingers and thumb straight and aligned (no gaps).

Fast Eddie

How about hand positioning? both hands at side and approx the level of your solar plexus? So it's more tricep intensive.. e.g. upper arms up against your lats.. or is it arms 90 degree angle from upper body.. so it's more "chesty"...

SWOdogJon

Enlightened follower of the SWOness
OOOOHRAH! Your first morning warmup exercise will be Marine Corps pushups. Marine Corps Pushups is a four count exercise. I will call the cadence, you will count the repetitions! We will do four-zero of them! Ready, exercise!

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
SWOdogJon said:
OOOOHRAH! Your first morning warmup exercise will be Marine Corps pushups. Marine Corps Pushups is a four count exercise. I will call the cadence, you will count the repetitions! We will do four-zero of them! Ready, exercise!

So if you do 40, that's really 80 right? I don't know that I can do eighty in a row without stopping.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Crowbar said:
But in terms of getting the most bang for your buck, 8-count or 12-count bodybuilders are probably the most economical.

Yes, with this, I have to agree. That has to be the most annoying counting "exercise" I have ever had the privilege of executing.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just out of curiosity, I've done 8- and 10-count bodybuilders . . . how do you do a 12?

usnafury

I'm way too familiar with Marine push-ups... "Get on your faces! Push!"

'Marine Corps!' "
That's not loud enough! Hit the ground again!"
'Aye sir!'
"PUSH!!!!"
"MARINE CORPS!!!"

Ahhhh, the motivation of it all. I especially enjoy the body-builders and flutter kicks. :tongue2_1

Status
Not open for further replies.