• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Corps NFO??

Hey guys,

I recently got my duty orders for NAMI, and I have a quick question. The document says, "I fully acknowledge my duties as a Naval Flight Officer Candidate in the Marine Officer Program.". I am planning on commissioning as an SNA, not NFO. I thought the NFO role in the Marine Corps had been phased out. After I took the ASTB, my OSO told me they don't even look at the FOFAR score anymore. I'm assuming the duty order may be written on an old template that hasn't been updated, but I wanted to ensure before I ask my OSO a dumb question. I never expressed interest in becoming an NFO, and I certainly never put it in writing. Is there a chance I've been an NFO candidate for the last three months without knowing?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey guys,

I recently got my duty orders for NAMI, and I have a quick question. The document says, "I fully acknowledge my duties as a Naval Flight Officer Candidate in the Marine Officer Program.". I am planning on commissioning as an SNA, not NFO. I thought the NFO role in the Marine Corps had been phased out. After I took the ASTB, my OSO told me they don't even look at the FOFAR score anymore. I'm assuming the duty order may be written on an old template that hasn't been updated, but I wanted to ensure before I ask my OSO a dumb question. I never expressed interest in becoming an NFO, and I certainly never put it in writing. Is there a chance I've been an NFO candidate for the last three months without knowing?

Um… ask your OSO? He or she knows you and your application more than any of us here.

WorldWar33.3

Hey guys,

Can confirm, per my OSO, that the USMC will not take in any more NFOs. I tried to apply. Last Marine NFO winged in September 2021.