• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Corps NFO information

bdhallsey

usmcecho4 said:
Well considering the fact that the poster has "Marine" in his/her name. And that the Marine Corps is switching from f-18s to the JSF (single seat) and the prowler is going to be replaced the whole MOS is going to be phased out. I'm not so sure if I would want to go into something like that (if i wanted an obsolete mos i would go Low Alt Air Defense). I will now invoke a passage from the aviator's bible,

"Hey Slider, what happened I thought you wanted to be a pilot?"

s/f,
usmcecho4

"Goose you're such a dick-head, whose ass did you kiss to get in here anyway?" Goose-"The list is long but distingushed"...Slider-"Yeah, and so is my johnson..."

NFO's where its at! Fastest promoting MOS in the USMC! A typical b-billet is FAC, humpin it with the big-boys in the sh*t callin in airstrikes! Semper Fi! Oh and the USMC will fly F-18 Charlies, Delts and Prowlers till they fall apart in the air...the MC doesnt have enough money for fancy showy stuff...since 1775 we've gotten the job done with what we've got without fail...that aint changin anytime soon...errrr

Crowbar

None
bdhallsey said:
NFO's where its at! Fastest promoting MOS in the USMC! A typical b-billet is FAC, humpin it with the big-boys in the sh*t callin in airstrikes! Semper Fi! Oh and the USMC will fly F-18 Charlies, Delts and Prowlers till they fall apart in the air...the MC doesnt have enough money for fancy showy stuff...since 1775 we've gotten the job done with what we've got without fail...errrr

^What Matt Foley would sound like as an OSO.

matt_foley.jpg

mark.h[usmc]

I just recently got accepted into OCS as an NFO and I am currently pursuing a degree in Law Enforcement but I am unsure what kind of jobs would be available after my commission is up, and I am unsure if changing my major would be a wise thing to do. I was thinking air marshalls possibly, but I still feel that even that might be a stretch. I was also considering getting either my masters in law enforcement or a minor in aviation during or after service. Any ideas of jobs or things I should do?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
"Goose you're such a dick-head, whose ass did you kiss to get in here anyway?" Goose-"The list is long but distingushed"...Slider-"Yeah, and so is my johnson..."

NFO's where its at! Fastest promoting MOS in the USMC! A typical b-billet is FAC, humpin it with the big-boys in the sh*t callin in airstrikes! Semper Fi! Oh and the USMC will fly F-18 Charlies, Delts and Prowlers till they fall apart in the air...the MC doesnt have enough money for fancy showy stuff...since 1775 we've gotten the job done with what we've got without fail...that aint changin anytime soon...errrr

Some of you need to lay off the coffee, and not just this guy.

Officer MOSs don't promote faster or slower. The gates are set the same for everyone. Some MOSs will have higher or lower selection percentages, but they don't speed up or slow down by MOS.

A typical B-billet for ANY aviator in the USMC is FAC. Now, NFOs have fewer other options...

mark.h--I wrote you a fairly long response in the other thread you started with the exact same question. I wouldn't have taken the time if I knew you were going to repost it somewhere else. That's annoying. Seriously.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just recently got accepted into OCS as an NFO and I am currently pursuing a degree in Law Enforcement but I am unsure what kind of jobs would be available after my commission is up, and I am unsure if changing my major would be a wise thing to do. I was thinking air marshalls possibly, but I still feel that even that might be a stretch. I was also considering getting either my masters in law enforcement or a minor in aviation during or after service. Any ideas of jobs or things I should do?
You really don't think you will get a job as a former NFO/ USMC officer? I suppose the unemployment line is full of armor officers, SWOs and Intelligence Officers (IDC, IW or whatever it is called). Why do you think you have to be an Air Marshall, because you were a NFO with a law enforcement degree? Many Air Marshall's don't even have degrees. If you are still interested in law enforcement when you get out, go FBI or somewhere where they require a degree to begin with. If you don't want to go into law enforcement, just look around where the guys are going that get out ahead of you. You will have a leg up just for being a USMC officer. Learn how to leverage that. You will have attended a dozen military schools and training programs by time you get out. They will fill a resume. I saw fellow NFOs became project managers, sales associates, pharmaceutical reps, a urban planner, government functionaries of all sorts, Navy contractors, dentists, doctors, lawyers, a private investigator, business owners, a college professor, a school teacher, stock broker etc. For God's sake, exercise your brain and use some imagination. I hate it when guys think NFO is a dead end after active duty. Why would that be? Do Marine pilots have to be airline pilots? Is that all they are qualified to do after getting a degree, leading Marines, learning complex systems, traveling the world and bearing great responsibility? It is no different for a NFO or Submariner. Whatever you do don't get a Master's in "aviation" or law enforcement. They are practically useless. Chill out. Enjoy the ride. You will have time to figure it out after the Marines kick some common sense into you.