• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Corps Gunny applying for Navy OCS

Hello all, I am a first time poster so thank you in advance for your input. I have been in the Corps for 12 years and I am an Air Traffic Controller. Due to the zero ECP selections I am applying to become a Naval Officer.

I am applying for the July AMDO board, the August Supply board and the December SWO board.

I have a bachelors in Aeronautics with a minor in Airport Management from Embry Riddle with a 3.1 GPA. I am Lean Six Sigma certified in Green Belt, and I am working towards an MBA in marketing. I have very good LOR's all 05 and above to include a Governor. ASTB was a 46 and 5 in the rest. I am currently responsible for over 200 Marine ATCers and I do a lot of logistics and supply work as the ATC Chief for a squadron. Just curious what some of you thought my chances where seeing as I need to make a decision to reenlist or not by January.

Thank You

Gunny

Renegade One

None
Good luck, Gunny! Time for you to try and push some ropes between now and January, I guess...hope it works out for you.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Hello all, I am a first time poster so thank you in advance for your input. I have been in the Corps for 12 years and I am an Air Traffic Controller. Due to the zero ECP selections I am applying to become a Naval Officer.

I am applying for the July AMDO board, the August Supply board and the December SWO board.

I have a bachelors in Aeronautics with a minor in Airport Management from Embry Riddle with a 3.1 GPA. I am Lean Six Sigma certified in Green Belt, and I am working towards an MBA in marketing. I have very good LOR's all 05 and above to include a Governor. ASTB was a 46 and 5 in the rest. I am currently responsible for over 200 Marine ATCers and I do a lot of logistics and supply work as the ATC Chief for a squadron. Just curious what some of you thought my chances where seeing as I need to make a decision to reenlist or not by January.

Thank You

Gunny

Hey Gunny, I'm a former Army guy, 8yrs in as a Staff Sergeant. I had a lot of similar stats to you, and the Navy thought I was good enough to be picked up. I had a 3.0 GPA, but a little higher OAR on the ASTB. As always, your mileage may vary, and the needs of the Navy always comes first, but I sincerely hope a guy with your experience gets picked up. Best of luck to you!

exNavyOffRec

Thank You

Gunny

I would reenlist, and here is why.

AMDO, goal of 3 for FY13, all filled.
Supply, goal of 30 for FY13, have 65 waiting, they are archiving applications submitted for supply right now.
SWO might be possible, but the board doesn't meet until January, the deadline is December, most of these will be FY14 selections as most of FY13 goal is filled with the remainder being filled in July.

Age might be an issue, how old are you, or when do you turn 31?

And I don't have to reenlist until March, and we have no zone C bonus this year so I will let the boards play out, it won't hurt anything.