• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Coprs Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Its all sold out here in the DC area.

"You forgot your furtune cookie"

Dirty Harry

Lt_SNA_USMC

Jafar:
I went to OCS (jrs) 2 years ago with a Spaulding. He was from Boise--in a reserve unit there I think? Do you know of him?

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
How many Marines are going to the ball? Marines do not really have a choice. It is mandated by Marine Corps order that all Marines attend or celebrate however able the birth of the Corps. A Marine not going to the ball is like a Squid giving up Coffee and Doughnuts....it just doesn't happen. Semper, Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Citizen

What's the ball like? I should be going to the LA event, I'm curious what to expect. Is it very formal? more ceremony or fun?

thanks!

O-man

My experince has been that your there- getting a little drunk with you squad and who all else, then it gets all serious- then thats over and your having fun again and trying not to f' up and say anything stoopid to like "Geez 1stSGT, is it me or are you falling to the left" Only to realize after the words are outa your mouth that its not even close to as witty as it sounded in your head. Then, realizing that you have drunk yourself stoopid, you ironicly take refuge at the bar. (not that this was me of course) ;)

davidsin

The Capt. here at the OSO invited me to the LA Cali ball. I told him I wanted to go but I don't know what to do.

Can I bring a girl??
Will I stick out like a soar thumb since I don't have dress blues? (I'm only a pending candidate)
Do I have to purchase tickets? if so where?

please help. thanks

Semper Fi Do or Die GuNg Ho GunG Ho ooH-RaaahHH!!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
To your questions--

1. What else were you planning on bringing, a baby wallaby? Most of the women at the ball will already be taken, so bring your own.
2. Maybe. Depends on the ball. Show up at an active duty unit's ball, definitely. Reserve or MC district ball, maybe not so much. Ask the OSO (btw the USMC doesn't use periods after rank abbreviations, e.g. "Capt" not "Capt.")
3. Usually tickets cost money. How much and to whom depends. Ask the OSO.
4. Whoa, chill out, beavis.

Phrogs phorever

tali264

LOL

He would have to go a long way to get a wallaby. Plus it would be hopping all over the place and breaking dishes........

If you're looking for Australian animals, I would suggest a koala. Much tamer and it would just hang on your arm/back without causing much trouble.

Of course a girl works too, but I bet she won't be quite as quiet as the koala. Maybe not as cuddly either [:p]

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Speaking of Birthday Balls, I went to the Navy one here in Hawaii last weekend. Formal, good time, lots of liquor to help you make a fool of yourself in front of all the brass (but that is another story)... I don't know if you guys have the same ceremony of cutting the cake, but you take the youngest and oldest sailors present and cut the cake. They would call out, everyone born after 1980 please stand, you get 20 people standing up, then they start working it down. Well, the kicker was that the last person standing was a female in a ball gown. And you could tell, everyone was just scratchin their heads, maybe she was Air Force or something and came as a date??? She walks up to the cake and tells her name and rank to the Cdr running the podium. A brand new Ensign! Ahhh, the intelligence for self preservation obviously wasn't instilled in this one. You could have heard a pin drop. My wife leans over and asks me, "umm, shouldn't she be in uniform?", I responded "I think she is about to have so much brass fall on her it is not even funny...."

Oh well, silly Ball story, whether they are Navy or Marine Balls, they are good social events and to celebrate your history and the traditions to which you belong. Also, you know the significant other is just itchin to go get that dress and get all decked out.

Frumby, your analogy is inacurrate, I don't drink coffee... (but... mmmm... donuts!)
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.